Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the U.S. Beverage Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Wed, 07 Dec 2022||US$774.0b||US$193.2b||US$25.4b||31.3x||30.5x||4x|
|Fri, 04 Nov 2022||US$730.4b||US$192.8b||US$25.6b||30x||28.5x||3.8x|
|Sun, 02 Oct 2022||US$686.4b||US$188.4b||US$26.3b||25.7x||26.1x||3.6x|
|Tue, 30 Aug 2022||US$749.9b||US$188.2b||US$26.3b||33.6x||28.5x||4x|
|Thu, 28 Jul 2022||US$745.4b||US$187.1b||US$27.0b||33.8x||27.7x||4x|
|Sat, 25 Jun 2022||US$719.3b||US$184.4b||US$27.3b||30x||26.4x||3.9x|
|Mon, 23 May 2022||US$704.0b||US$183.9b||US$27.2b||26x||25.9x||3.8x|
|Wed, 20 Apr 2022||US$746.6b||US$179.6b||US$23.8b||32.2x||31.3x||4.2x|
|Fri, 18 Mar 2022||US$689.6b||US$179.2b||US$23.8b||30.1x||28.9x||3.8x|
|Sun, 13 Feb 2022||US$714.5b||US$177.8b||US$22.0b||33.1x||32.5x||4x|
|Tue, 11 Jan 2022||US$731.8b||US$174.6b||US$21.5b||32.3x||34x||4.2x|
|Thu, 09 Dec 2021||US$689.8b||US$174.5b||US$22.4b||41.9x||30.9x||4x|
|Sat, 06 Nov 2021||US$703.7b||US$174.7b||US$22.3b||37.6x||31.5x||4x|
|Mon, 04 Oct 2021||US$654.8b||US$170.1b||US$22.1b||30.9x||29.6x||3.8x|
|Wed, 01 Sep 2021||US$690.6b||US$170.6b||US$22.1b||31.7x||31.2x||4x|
|Thu, 08 Jul 2021||US$671.1b||US$167.2b||US$21.5b||33.8x||31.2x||4x|
|Wed, 31 Mar 2021||US$645.6b||US$161.1b||US$21.5b||29.3x||30.1x||4x|
|Sat, 02 Jan 2021||US$679.2b||US$166.3b||US$21.7b||24.6x||31.3x||4.1x|
|Tue, 06 Oct 2020||US$613.3b||US$163.2b||US$22.4b||24.5x||27.4x||3.8x|
|Fri, 10 Jul 2020||US$567.1b||US$162.6b||US$20.8b||26.8x||27.2x||3.5x|
|Thu, 02 Apr 2020||US$523.3b||US$166.5b||US$22.1b||19x||23.6x||3.1x|
|Sun, 05 Jan 2020||US$628.8b||US$167.3b||US$22.4b||26.3x||28.1x||3.8x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are relatively neutral on the American Beverage industry at the moment, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates to remain steady.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 29.0x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 3.9x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Beverage industry have grown 4.3% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 4.9% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the U.S. Consumer Staples industry?
|Distillers and Wine Makers||0.52%|
- Investors are most optimistic about the Distillers and Wine Makers industry which is trading above its 3-year average PE ratio of 53.3x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 24.4%, which is higher than its past year's earnings growth of 11.8% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Soft Drinks industry, which is trading close to its 3-year average of 27.1x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Distillers and Wine Makers industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 24% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings growth rate of 12% per year.
- In contrast, the Soft Drinks industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 9.3% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?