Market Valuation and Performance
Has the Botswanan Market valuation changed over the past few years?
|Mon, 23 May 2022||P38.6b||P29.8b||P4.5b||10.5x|
|Wed, 20 Apr 2022||P38.5b||P29.8b||P4.5b||9.9x|
|Fri, 18 Mar 2022||P38.3b||P29.4b||P3.7b||11.2x|
|Sun, 13 Feb 2022||P37.8b||P29.0b||P3.6b||11.2x|
|Tue, 11 Jan 2022||P37.5b||P28.2b||P3.6b||10.9x|
|Thu, 09 Dec 2021||P36.5b||P28.3b||P3.6b||10.8x|
|Sat, 06 Nov 2021||P36.2b||P28.3b||P3.6b||10.5x|
|Mon, 04 Oct 2021||P36.0b||P28.3b||P3.5b||10.1x|
|Wed, 01 Sep 2021||P35.2b||P28.3b||P3.4b||11x|
|Thu, 08 Jul 2021||P34.4b||P28.3b||P3.4b||10.7x|
|Wed, 31 Mar 2021||P34.0b||P27.8b||P3.3b||10.6x|
|Sat, 02 Jan 2021||P35.9b||P27.4b||P3.3b||10.6x|
|Tue, 06 Oct 2020||P36.2b||P27.6b||P3.4b||10.2x|
|Fri, 10 Jul 2020||P36.9b||P28.0b||P3.6b||11.3x|
|Thu, 02 Apr 2020||P38.5b||P28.1b||P3.9b||10.5x|
|Sun, 05 Jan 2020||P38.5b||P28.8b||P4.1b||10.3x|
|Wed, 09 Oct 2019||P38.2b||P27.3b||P3.9b||10x|
|Tue, 02 Jul 2019||P39.0b||P26.5b||P3.8b||9.4x|Median PE Ratio
Current Market PE
- Investors are relatively neutral on the market at the moment, indicating that they expect earnings will grow in line with historical growth rates.
- The market is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 10.5x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for Batswana listed companies have grown 5.6% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 4.8% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which sectors have driven the changes within the Botswanan Market?
- Investors are most optimistic about the Industrials sector which is trading above its 3-year average PE ratio of 20.2x.
- It looks like they are confident that earnings will grow faster in the future than they have historically.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Telecom sector, which is trading below its 3-year average of 6.4x.
Forecasted GrowthThere is insufficient data in this market to determine future earnings growth rates.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?