Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the U.S. Real Estate Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Wed, 30 Nov 2022||US$88.0b||US$127.5b||US$781.2m||9.7x||112.7x||0.7x|
|Fri, 28 Oct 2022||US$81.0b||US$130.0b||US$1.4b||7.8x||57.1x||0.6x|
|Sun, 25 Sep 2022||US$86.9b||US$130.0b||US$1.4b||7.8x||62x||0.7x|
|Tue, 23 Aug 2022||US$108.5b||US$131.8b||US$1.8b||8.8x||60.8x||0.8x|
|Thu, 21 Jul 2022||US$101.2b||US$125.7b||US$2.8b||10.6x||36.8x||0.8x|
|Sat, 18 Jun 2022||US$89.4b||US$125.8b||US$2.7b||8.7x||32.7x||0.7x|
|Mon, 16 May 2022||US$102.7b||US$125.5b||US$3.2b||10.1x||32.1x||0.8x|
|Wed, 13 Apr 2022||US$113.9b||US$113.4b||US$2.9b||14.4x||38.9x||1x|
|Fri, 11 Mar 2022||US$115.2b||US$113.2b||US$2.9b||13.9x||40.2x||1x|
|Sun, 06 Feb 2022||US$136.1b||US$100.8b||US$2.9b||16x||47.6x||1.3x|
|Tue, 04 Jan 2022||US$153.0b||US$99.5b||US$2.8b||17.7x||55.6x||1.5x|
|Thu, 02 Dec 2021||US$140.5b||US$98.8b||US$2.9b||16.4x||48.6x||1.4x|
|Sat, 30 Oct 2021||US$144.9b||US$88.3b||US$3.2b||24x||45.2x||1.6x|
|Mon, 27 Sep 2021||US$132.9b||US$86.7b||US$2.9b||26.3x||45.3x||1.5x|
|Wed, 25 Aug 2021||US$128.2b||US$85.8b||US$2.8b||20.3x||45.1x||1.5x|
|Thu, 01 Jul 2021||US$154.5b||US$85.3b||US$2.9b||21.4x||53.5x||1.8x|
|Sun, 04 Apr 2021||US$157.5b||US$73.5b||US$1.8b||21.3x||85.9x||2.1x|
|Wed, 06 Jan 2021||US$149.9b||US$71.0b||US$595.6m||29.4x||251.6x||2.1x|
|Sat, 10 Oct 2020||US$115.6b||US$67.3b||US$637.5m||24.8x||181.4x||1.7x|
|Fri, 03 Jul 2020||US$43.6b||US$58.4b||US$859.9m||21.3x||50.6x||0.7x|
|Mon, 06 Apr 2020||US$35.8b||US$60.8b||US$1.5b||12.8x||24.6x||0.6x|
|Thu, 09 Jan 2020||US$59.1b||US$59.9b||US$2.1b||25.5x||27.6x||1x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are optimistic on the American Real Estate industry, and appear confident in long term growth rates.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 113x which is higher than its 3-year average PE of 92.0x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 1.3x is higher than the industry's current PS ratio of 0.69x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Real Estate industry have declined 28% per year over the last three years.
- Meanwhile revenues for these companies have grown 30% per year.
- This means that although more sales are being generated, either the cost of doing business or the level of investment back into businesses has increased, which has decreased profits.
Which industries have driven the changes within the U.S. Real Estate industry?
|Diversified Real Estate||3.07%|
|Real Estate Services||2.74%|
|Real Estate Development||1.31%|
|Real Estate Operating Companies||-0.55%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Real Estate Operating Companies industry which is trading above its 3-year average PE ratio of 36.7x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 62.8%, which is higher than its past year's earnings decline of 5.9% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Diversified Real Estate industry, which is trading below its 3-year average of 55.1x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Real Estate Operating Companies industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 63% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings decline of 5.9% per year.
- In contrast, the Real Estate Development industry is expected to see its earnings growth to stay flat over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?