Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the Japanese Specialty Stores Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Mon, 28 Nov 2022||JP¥17.6t||JP¥18.5t||JP¥938.8b||10.4x||18.7x||0.9x|
|Wed, 26 Oct 2022||JP¥17.1t||JP¥18.4t||JP¥923.9b||10.9x||18.5x||0.9x|
|Fri, 23 Sep 2022||JP¥17.0t||JP¥18.2t||JP¥907.8b||10.7x||18.7x||0.9x|
|Sun, 21 Aug 2022||JP¥17.8t||JP¥18.2t||JP¥905.4b||10.7x||19.6x||1x|
|Tue, 19 Jul 2022||JP¥16.3t||JP¥18.2t||JP¥893.0b||11.3x||18.3x||0.9x|
|Thu, 16 Jun 2022||JP¥14.9t||JP¥18.1t||JP¥831.2b||11.3x||17.9x||0.8x|
|Sat, 14 May 2022||JP¥14.3t||JP¥18.1t||JP¥777.7b||11.2x||18.3x||0.8x|
|Mon, 11 Apr 2022||JP¥14.5t||JP¥18.1t||JP¥730.4b||10.8x||19.8x||0.8x|
|Wed, 09 Mar 2022||JP¥14.5t||JP¥18.0t||JP¥725.9b||9.9x||19.9x||0.8x|
|Fri, 04 Feb 2022||JP¥14.8t||JP¥18.1t||JP¥712.8b||10.6x||20.7x||0.8x|
|Sun, 02 Jan 2022||JP¥15.2t||JP¥18.1t||JP¥691.4b||11.3x||22x||0.8x|
|Tue, 30 Nov 2021||JP¥16.0t||JP¥18.0t||JP¥699.2b||10.8x||22.8x||0.9x|
|Thu, 28 Oct 2021||JP¥17.0t||JP¥18.1t||JP¥715.0b||10.5x||23.8x||0.9x|
|Sat, 25 Sep 2021||JP¥18.0t||JP¥18.2t||JP¥704.2b||10.3x||25.6x||1x|
|Mon, 23 Aug 2021||JP¥17.0t||JP¥19.0t||JP¥702.8b||11.5x||24.2x||0.9x|
|Sat, 10 Jul 2021||JP¥18.2t||JP¥19.0t||JP¥705.0b||11.7x||25.9x||1x|
|Fri, 02 Apr 2021||JP¥19.3t||JP¥18.4t||JP¥532.1b||12.3x||36.3x||1.1x|
|Mon, 04 Jan 2021||JP¥19.4t||JP¥18.1t||JP¥518.1b||13x||37.5x||1.1x|
|Thu, 08 Oct 2020||JP¥16.9t||JP¥17.9t||JP¥461.6b||14x||36.7x||0.9x|
|Wed, 01 Jul 2020||JP¥16.0t||JP¥17.9t||JP¥427.7b||15.8x||37.4x||0.9x|
|Sat, 04 Apr 2020||JP¥12.0t||JP¥18.5t||JP¥554.6b||12.4x||21.6x||0.6x|
|Tue, 07 Jan 2020||JP¥16.9t||JP¥18.7t||JP¥647.5b||14.7x||26x||0.9x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the Japanese Specialty Retail industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 18.7x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 27.1x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 0.91x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Specialty Retail industry have grown 12% per year over the last three years, while revenues have remained mostly flat.
- This means that companies overall are more efficiently conducting business since profits are increasing while sales have been flat.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Japanese Consumer Discretionary industry?
|Home Furnishing Retail||2.96%|
|Computer and Electronics Retail||1.71%|
|Home Improvement Retail||1.48%|
|Apparel Retail||-2.05%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Apparel Retail industry even though it's trading below its 3-year average PE ratio of 84.6x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 3.5%, which is lower than the prior year's growth of 16.8% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Computer and Electronics Retail industry, which is trading below its 3-year average of 11.8x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Specialty Stores industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 27% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings growth rate of 6.3% per year.
- In contrast, the Home Furnishing Retail industry is expected to see its earnings growth to stay flat over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?