Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the Chinese Beverage Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Fri, 27 Jan 2023||CN¥5.0t||CN¥396.2b||CN¥130.3b||40.5x||38.1x||12.5x|
|Sun, 25 Dec 2022||CN¥4.6t||CN¥396.0b||CN¥130.3b||40.9x||35.6x||11.7x|
|Tue, 22 Nov 2022||CN¥4.0t||CN¥395.9b||CN¥130.3b||32.8x||30.5x||10x|
|Thu, 20 Oct 2022||CN¥4.1t||CN¥387.3b||CN¥127.1b||35.1x||32.6x||10.7x|
|Sat, 17 Sep 2022||CN¥4.5t||CN¥382.4b||CN¥124.5b||38.5x||36.3x||11.8x|
|Mon, 15 Aug 2022||CN¥4.8t||CN¥379.8b||CN¥124.2b||42x||38.6x||12.6x|
|Wed, 13 Jul 2022||CN¥4.9t||CN¥376.3b||CN¥122.3b||42.9x||40x||13x|
|Fri, 10 Jun 2022||CN¥4.7t||CN¥376.4b||CN¥122.3b||43.4x||38.1x||12.4x|
|Sun, 08 May 2022||CN¥4.3t||CN¥376.2b||CN¥122.0b||38.9x||35.6x||11.5x|
|Tue, 05 Apr 2022||CN¥4.3t||CN¥353.4b||CN¥113.3b||43.1x||38.3x||12.3x|
|Thu, 03 Mar 2022||CN¥4.8t||CN¥347.4b||CN¥110.6b||50.4x||43.4x||13.8x|
|Sat, 29 Jan 2022||CN¥4.8t||CN¥346.3b||CN¥110.4b||48.3x||43.4x||13.8x|
|Mon, 27 Dec 2021||CN¥5.7t||CN¥346.3b||CN¥110.4b||61.1x||51.2x||16.3x|
|Wed, 24 Nov 2021||CN¥5.1t||CN¥346.3b||CN¥110.4b||52.9x||45.9x||14.6x|
|Fri, 22 Oct 2021||CN¥5.0t||CN¥335.9b||CN¥106.9b||56.5x||47x||14.9x|
|Sun, 19 Sep 2021||CN¥4.6t||CN¥335.9b||CN¥106.8b||52.8x||43.4x||13.8x|
|Tue, 17 Aug 2021||CN¥4.6t||CN¥335.8b||CN¥106.8b||54.5x||43.5x||13.8x|
|Tue, 01 Jun 2021||CN¥6.0t||CN¥323.9b||CN¥102.2b||64.3x||59x||18.6x|
|Fri, 05 Mar 2021||CN¥5.3t||CN¥297.4b||CN¥95.2b||57.2x||55.5x||17.8x|
|Mon, 07 Dec 2020||CN¥4.5t||CN¥293.9b||CN¥91.2b||47.7x||49.2x||15.3x|
|Thu, 10 Sep 2020||CN¥4.4t||CN¥286.8b||CN¥88.6b||46.4x||49.3x||15.2x|
|Wed, 03 Jun 2020||CN¥3.1t||CN¥282.3b||CN¥87.2b||30.9x||35.6x||11x|
|Sat, 07 Mar 2020||CN¥2.5t||CN¥283.9b||CN¥85.4b||26.7x||29x||8.7x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the Chinese Beverage industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 38.1x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 42.7x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 13.6x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Beverage industry have grown 15% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 12% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Chinese Consumer Staples industry?
|Distillers and Wine Makers||-0.47%|
|Soft Drinks||-1.80%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Soft Drinks industry, which is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 57.1x.
- Analysts expect its future annual earnings growth (24.9%) to be largely in line with prior year's earnings growth.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Distillers and Wine Makers industry, which is trading below its 3-year average of 42.4x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Soft Drinks industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 25% over the next 5 years.
- This is roughly in line with its past earnings growth rate.
- In contrast, the Distillers and Wine Makers industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 17% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?