Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the U.K. Beverage Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Wed, 06 Dec 2023||UK£76.2b||UK£30.0b||UK£4.5b||22.9x||17x||2.5x|
|Fri, 03 Nov 2023||UK£84.3b||UK£30.1b||UK£4.5b||23.4x||18.7x||2.8x|
|Sun, 01 Oct 2023||UK£82.0b||UK£30.1b||UK£4.5b||18.3x||18.1x||2.7x|
|Tue, 29 Aug 2023||UK£87.2b||UK£30.0b||UK£4.5b||17.6x||19.2x||2.9x|
|Thu, 27 Jul 2023||UK£90.7b||UK£29.0b||UK£4.2b||21.3x||21.7x||3.1x|
|Sat, 24 Jun 2023||UK£88.3b||UK£29.1b||UK£4.2b||20.7x||21.1x||3x|
|Mon, 22 May 2023||UK£95.0b||UK£29.2b||UK£4.2b||24.1x||22.6x||3.3x|
|Wed, 19 Apr 2023||UK£96.5b||UK£29.2b||UK£4.2b||23.2x||23x||3.3x|
|Fri, 17 Mar 2023||UK£92.9b||UK£29.1b||UK£4.2b||21.9x||22.1x||3.2x|
|Sun, 12 Feb 2023||UK£91.2b||UK£28.3b||UK£4.2b||17.6x||21.5x||3.2x|
|Tue, 10 Jan 2023||UK£94.9b||UK£26.8b||UK£3.9b||17.6x||24.3x||3.5x|
|Thu, 08 Dec 2022||UK£99.5b||UK£26.6b||UK£3.9b||18.1x||25.5x||3.7x|
|Sat, 05 Nov 2022||UK£95.8b||UK£26.6b||UK£3.9b||17x||24.7x||3.6x|
|Mon, 03 Oct 2022||UK£98.1b||UK£26.4b||UK£3.9b||21.8x||25.4x||3.7x|
|Wed, 31 Aug 2022||UK£98.7b||UK£26.1b||UK£3.8b||22.6x||25.8x||3.8x|
|Fri, 29 Jul 2022||UK£98.7b||UK£23.5b||UK£3.7b||25.5x||26.8x||4.2x|
|Sun, 26 Jun 2022||UK£96.0b||UK£23.7b||UK£3.7b||25.7x||26x||4.1x|
|Tue, 24 May 2022||UK£96.3b||UK£23.6b||UK£3.7b||26.2x||26.1x||4.1x|
|Thu, 21 Apr 2022||UK£101.6b||UK£23.0b||UK£3.6b||29.3x||28.3x||4.4x|
|Sat, 19 Mar 2022||UK£99.9b||UK£23.2b||UK£3.6b||27.5x||27.7x||4.3x|
|Mon, 14 Feb 2022||UK£103.4b||UK£22.7b||UK£3.6b||28.3x||28.5x||4.6x|
|Wed, 12 Jan 2022||UK£107.0b||UK£21.6b||UK£3.2b||33.2x||33.1x||5x|
|Fri, 10 Dec 2021||UK£117.1b||UK£21.7b||UK£3.2b||37.3x||36.1x||5.4x|
|Sun, 07 Nov 2021||UK£105.4b||UK£21.7b||UK£3.2b||32.9x||32.6x||4.9x|
|Tue, 05 Oct 2021||UK£98.8b||UK£21.4b||UK£3.2b||30.7x||30.9x||4.6x|
|Thu, 02 Sep 2021||UK£100.9b||UK£21.4b||UK£3.2b||32.6x||31.8x||4.7x|
|Sat, 31 Jul 2021||UK£101.8b||UK£21.4b||UK£3.2b||31.3x||32.1x||4.8x|
|Tue, 04 May 2021||UK£93.3b||UK£20.5b||UK£2.4b||39.5x||39.6x||4.6x|
|Fri, 05 Feb 2021||UK£84.2b||UK£20.2b||UK£1.6b||28.5x||53.7x||4.2x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the British Beverage industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 17.0x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 31.5x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 4.3x is higher than the industry's current PS ratio of 2.5x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Beverage industry have grown 42% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 14% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the U.K. Consumer Staples industry?
|Distillers and Wine Makers||1.34%|
- Investors are most optimistic about the Brewers industry which is trading above its 3-year average PE ratio of 8.8x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 15.1%, which is higher than its past year's earnings decline of 44.2% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Soft Drinks industry, which is trading below its 3-year average of 23.6x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Brewers industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 15% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings decline of 44% per year.
- In contrast, the Distillers and Wine Makers industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 4.6% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?