Header cover image

U.K. (FTSE) Ecommerce Industry Analysis

UpdatedSep 30, 2023
DataAggregated Company Financials
Companies3
  • 7D6.5%
  • 3M-17.8%
  • 1Y-69.4%
  • YTD-63.2%

Over the last 7 days, the Ecommerce industry has dropped 5.3%, driven by declines in THG and ASOS of 12% and 11%, respectively. Overall the industry is down 41% in 12 months. Earnings are forecast to grow by 52% annually.

Industry Valuation and Performance

Has the U.K. Ecommerce Industry valuation changed over the past few years?

DateMarket CapRevenueEarningsPEAbsolute PEPS
Sat, 30 Sep 2023UKĀ£26.9mUKĀ£468.4m-UKĀ£84,164,147.00n/a-0.3x0.06x
Mon, 28 Aug 2023UKĀ£26.9mUKĀ£468.4m-UKĀ£84,164,147.00n/a-0.3x0.06x
Wed, 26 Jul 2023UKĀ£26.9mUKĀ£468.4m-UKĀ£84,164,147.00n/a-0.3x0.06x
Fri, 23 Jun 2023UKĀ£26.9mUKĀ£468.4m-UKĀ£84,164,147.00n/a-0.3x0.06x
Sun, 21 May 2023UKĀ£26.9mUKĀ£468.4m-UKĀ£84,164,147.00n/a-0.3x0.06x
Tue, 18 Apr 2023UKĀ£26.9mUKĀ£468.4m-UKĀ£84,164,147.00n/a-0.3x0.06x
Thu, 16 Mar 2023UKĀ£4.8bUKĀ£13.3b-UKĀ£746,515,051.0028.3x-6.4x0.4x
Sat, 11 Feb 2023UKĀ£4.7bUKĀ£13.3b-UKĀ£739,403,051.0025.5x-6.4x0.4x
Mon, 09 Jan 2023UKĀ£5.6bUKĀ£13.6b-UKĀ£786,437,555.0027.2x-7.2x0.4x
Wed, 07 Dec 2022UKĀ£5.5bUKĀ£13.6b-UKĀ£784,961,637.0023.5x-7.1x0.4x
Fri, 04 Nov 2022UKĀ£5.4bUKĀ£13.6b-UKĀ£770,850,430.0020.8x-7x0.4x
Sun, 02 Oct 2022UKĀ£4.7bUKĀ£13.7b-UKĀ£689,747,629.0017.1x-6.9x0.3x
Tue, 30 Aug 2022UKĀ£5.3bUKĀ£13.6b-UKĀ£585,649,069.0019.7x-9x0.4x
Thu, 28 Jul 2022UKĀ£6.5bUKĀ£13.6b-UKĀ£490,238,332.0027x-13.2x0.5x
Sat, 25 Jun 2022UKĀ£6.8bUKĀ£13.6b-UKĀ£489,719,136.0027.3x-13.8x0.5x
Mon, 23 May 2022UKĀ£8.4bUKĀ£13.5b-UKĀ£492,357,033.0041.5x-17.1x0.6x
Wed, 20 Apr 2022UKĀ£8.3bUKĀ£13.1b-UKĀ£868,846,965.0016.9x-9.6x0.6x
Fri, 18 Mar 2022UKĀ£9.2bUKĀ£13.4b-UKĀ£648,811,760.0013x-14.1x0.7x
Sun, 13 Feb 2022UKĀ£10.6bUKĀ£13.3b-UKĀ£619,374,636.0017.7x-17.1x0.8x
Tue, 11 Jan 2022UKĀ£14.2bUKĀ£13.7b-UKĀ£562,487,741.0020.1x-25.2x1x
Thu, 09 Dec 2021UKĀ£16.6bUKĀ£13.6b-UKĀ£552,071,072.0019.9x-30x1.2x
Sat, 06 Nov 2021UKĀ£16.6bUKĀ£13.5b-UKĀ£506,904,567.0022.1x-32.7x1.2x
Mon, 04 Oct 2021UKĀ£20.7bUKĀ£13.3b-UKĀ£470,468,879.0032.2x-44.1x1.6x
Wed, 01 Sep 2021UKĀ£26.2bUKĀ£12.3b-UKĀ£429,937,863.8834.8x-60.9x2.1x
Thu, 08 Jul 2021UKĀ£24.6bUKĀ£12.3b-UKĀ£429,937,863.8837x-57.3x2x
Wed, 31 Mar 2021UKĀ£24.9bUKĀ£11.9b-UKĀ£418,809,757.1541.6x-59.4x2.1x
Sat, 02 Jan 2021UKĀ£20.8bUKĀ£9.9b-UKĀ£229,167,202.9426.8x-90.8x2.1x
Tue, 06 Oct 2020UKĀ£18.7bUKĀ£9.0bUKĀ£248.6m25.4x75.3x2.1x
Price to Earnings Ratio

75.3x


Total Market Cap: UKĀ£18.7bTotal Earnings: UKĀ£248.6mTotal Revenue: UKĀ£9.0bTotal Market Cap vs Earnings and Revenue0%0%0%
U.K. Ecommerce Industry Price to Earnings3Y Average -22.2x202120222023
Current Industry PE
    There are only 3 companies in the British Internet and Direct Marketing Retail industry, so there is insufficient data to make an industry-wide assessment of both the PE and PS ratio.
Past Earnings Growth
  • Total earnings for the Internet and Direct Marketing Retail industry have declined over the last three years, with the industry now making a loss overall.
  • Revenues have also declined 63% per year, which is driving profits down.

Industry Comparison

How does U.K. Ecommerce compare with similar industries?

GB Market-0.98%
Consumer Discretionary-2.03%
Online Retail and Ecommerce6.53%
Ecommerce6.53%
Industry PEThere are no additional sub-industries under this industry.
Forecasted GrowthThere are no additional sub-industries under this industry.

Top Stock Gainers and Losers

Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?

CompanyLast Price7D1YValuation
No data available
Simply Wall Street Pty Ltd (ACN 600 056 611), is a Corporate Authorised Representative (Authorised Representative Number: 467183) of Sanlam Private Wealth Pty Ltd (AFSL No. 337927). Any advice contained in this website is general advice only and has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should not rely on any advice and/or information contained in this website and before making any investment decision we recommend that you consider whether it is appropriate for your situation and seek appropriate financial, taxation and legal advice. Please read our Financial Services Guide before deciding whether to obtain financial services from us.

Latest News