Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the Malaysian Banks Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Thu, 01 Dec 2022||RM375.2b||RM82.3b||RM28.6b||12.8x||13.1x||4.6x|
|Sat, 29 Oct 2022||RM369.2b||RM80.7b||RM28.3b||13.2x||13x||4.6x|
|Mon, 26 Sep 2022||RM365.3b||RM80.7b||RM28.3b||12.9x||12.9x||4.5x|
|Wed, 24 Aug 2022||RM371.4b||RM79.2b||RM28.2b||9.8x||13.2x||4.7x|
|Fri, 22 Jul 2022||RM363.5b||RM79.1b||RM28.1b||9.5x||12.9x||4.6x|
|Sun, 19 Jun 2022||RM365.7b||RM79.1b||RM28.1b||9.8x||13x||4.6x|
|Tue, 17 May 2022||RM369.4b||RM79.1b||RM24.5b||11.4x||15.1x||4.7x|
|Thu, 14 Apr 2022||RM371.4b||RM79.1b||RM24.5b||11.4x||15.1x||4.7x|
|Sat, 12 Mar 2022||RM361.2b||RM79.0b||RM24.5b||10.7x||14.7x||4.6x|
|Mon, 07 Feb 2022||RM348.7b||RM76.2b||RM22.5b||11.7x||15.5x||4.6x|
|Wed, 05 Jan 2022||RM345.4b||RM76.2b||RM22.5b||11x||15.3x||4.5x|
|Fri, 03 Dec 2021||RM330.0b||RM76.2b||RM22.5b||10.4x||14.6x||4.3x|
|Sun, 31 Oct 2021||RM342.9b||RM75.0b||RM23.0b||11.4x||14.9x||4.6x|
|Tue, 28 Sep 2021||RM334.2b||RM75.9b||RM23.1b||11.8x||14.5x||4.4x|
|Thu, 26 Aug 2021||RM341.2b||RM75.9b||RM23.1b||12x||14.8x||4.5x|
|Fri, 02 Jul 2021||RM330.4b||RM75.9b||RM23.1b||11.4x||14.3x||4.4x|
|Mon, 05 Apr 2021||RM327.2b||RM70.5b||RM19.7b||13.7x||16.6x||4.6x|
|Thu, 07 Jan 2021||RM328.8b||RM67.9b||RM21.8b||14.7x||15.1x||4.8x|
|Wed, 30 Sep 2020||RM263.0b||RM69.8b||RM23.9b||8.5x||11x||3.8x|
|Sat, 04 Jul 2020||RM272.8b||RM71.4b||RM24.8b||9.4x||11x||3.8x|
|Tue, 07 Apr 2020||RM267.4b||RM76.9b||RM28.2b||7.6x||9.5x||3.5x|
|Fri, 10 Jan 2020||RM334.4b||RM77.9b||RM29.4b||9.9x||11.4x||4.3x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are relatively neutral on the Malaysian Banks industry at the moment, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates to remain steady.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 13.3x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 4.3x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Banks industry have remained mostly flat over the last three years.
- Meanwhile revenues for these companies have grown 2.2% per year.
- This means that although more sales are being generated, either the cost of doing business or the level of investment back into businesses has increased and as a result, profits have held steady.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Malaysian Financials industry?
|Diversified Banks||-0.97%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Diversified Banks industry, which is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 13.4x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 11.3%, which is higher than its past year's earnings growth of 7.2% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Regional Banks industry, although it looks like investor sentiment has improved given that it's trading above its 3-year average of 10.3x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Regional Banks industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 26% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings decline of 27% per year.
- In contrast, the Diversified Banks industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 11% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?