Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the Australian Insurance Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Wed, 30 Nov 2022||AU$67.4b||AU$53.5b||AU$2.5b||32.1x||27.5x||1.3x|
|Fri, 28 Oct 2022||AU$64.3b||AU$54.0b||AU$2.5b||29.3x||26x||1.2x|
|Sun, 25 Sep 2022||AU$62.6b||AU$53.9b||AU$2.5b||29x||25.4x||1.2x|
|Tue, 23 Aug 2022||AU$66.0b||AU$53.2b||AU$2.5b||30.1x||26.4x||1.2x|
|Thu, 21 Jul 2022||AU$63.7b||AU$53.3b||AU$3.1b||25.6x||20.7x||1.2x|
|Sat, 18 Jun 2022||AU$59.8b||AU$53.1b||AU$3.1b||22.9x||19.5x||1.1x|
|Mon, 16 May 2022||AU$65.6b||AU$53.2b||AU$3.1b||23.8x||21.4x||1.2x|
|Wed, 13 Apr 2022||AU$61.8b||AU$51.9b||AU$3.0b||24.5x||20.6x||1.2x|
|Fri, 11 Mar 2022||AU$59.0b||AU$52.2b||AU$3.0b||22.6x||19.6x||1.1x|
|Sun, 06 Feb 2022||AU$63.1b||AU$52.0b||AU$904.1m||28.9x||69.8x||1.2x|
|Tue, 04 Jan 2022||AU$62.7b||AU$51.7b||AU$913.4m||31.5x||68.6x||1.2x|
|Thu, 02 Dec 2021||AU$62.6b||AU$52.1b||AU$899.3m||28.3x||69.6x||1.2x|
|Sat, 30 Oct 2021||AU$64.3b||AU$51.1b||AU$931.1m||27.3x||69x||1.3x|
|Mon, 27 Sep 2021||AU$66.0b||AU$51.7b||AU$911.5m||28.9x||72.4x||1.3x|
|Wed, 25 Aug 2021||AU$67.6b||AU$51.1b||AU$930.6m||29.9x||72.7x||1.3x|
|Thu, 01 Jul 2021||AU$61.2b||AU$51.1b||AU$925.7m||23.6x||66.1x||1.2x|
|Sun, 04 Apr 2021||AU$54.3b||AU$49.9b||AU$406.3k||22.9x||133672.9x||1.1x|
|Wed, 06 Jan 2021||AU$53.2b||AU$48.8b||-AU$903,414,400.00||27.5x||-58.9x||1.1x|
|Sat, 10 Oct 2020||AU$47.2b||AU$49.9b||AU$389.6m||24.2x||121.2x||0.9x|
|Fri, 03 Jul 2020||AU$53.1b||AU$49.5b||AU$581.2m||25x||91.3x||1.1x|
|Mon, 06 Apr 2020||AU$50.2b||AU$53.6b||AU$2.4b||19.9x||21.2x||0.9x|
|Thu, 09 Jan 2020||AU$67.0b||AU$51.9b||AU$3.3b||20.7x||20.2x||1.3x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the Australian Insurance industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 27.5x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 12kx.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 1.2x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Insurance industry have declined 12% per year over the last three years.
- Meanwhile revenues have remained mostly flat.
- This means that although sales have remained flat, either the cost of doing business or the level of investment back into businesses has increased, which has decreased profits.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Australian Financials industry?
|Life and Health Insurance||1.47%|
|Property and Casualty Insurance||0.15%|
|Insurance Brokers||-0.49%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Insurance Brokers industry even though it's trading below its 3-year average PE ratio of 84.0x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 12.9%, which is lower than the prior year's growth of 14.5% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Life and Health Insurance industry, which is trading close to its 3-year average of 21.6x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Property and Casualty Insurance industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 15% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings decline of 34% per year.
- In contrast, the Life and Health Insurance industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 9.1% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?