Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the Australian Food and Staples Retail Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Wed, 06 Dec 2023||AU$77.3b||AU$140.9b||AU$3.7b||17.2x||20.9x||0.5x|
|Fri, 03 Nov 2023||AU$77.2b||AU$141.2b||AU$3.8b||16.7x||20.5x||0.5x|
|Sun, 01 Oct 2023||AU$80.9b||AU$141.2b||AU$3.8b||17.8x||21.4x||0.6x|
|Tue, 29 Aug 2023||AU$82.4b||AU$141.2b||AU$3.8b||18.5x||21.8x||0.6x|
|Thu, 27 Jul 2023||AU$87.4b||AU$138.8b||AU$4.0b||20x||22.1x||0.6x|
|Sat, 24 Jun 2023||AU$89.3b||AU$138.8b||AU$3.9b||20.5x||22.7x||0.6x|
|Mon, 22 May 2023||AU$87.5b||AU$138.8b||AU$3.9b||20.7x||22.2x||0.6x|
|Wed, 19 Apr 2023||AU$88.5b||AU$138.1b||AU$4.0b||21.6x||22.2x||0.6x|
|Fri, 17 Mar 2023||AU$85.2b||AU$138.1b||AU$4.0b||21.3x||21.4x||0.6x|
|Sun, 12 Feb 2023||AU$85.3b||AU$135.8b||AU$3.7b||22.8x||23.1x||0.6x|
|Tue, 10 Jan 2023||AU$79.6b||AU$135.8b||AU$3.7b||21x||21.5x||0.6x|
|Thu, 08 Dec 2022||AU$82.1b||AU$135.8b||AU$3.7b||21.3x||22.2x||0.6x|
|Sat, 05 Nov 2022||AU$79.2b||AU$134.2b||AU$3.7b||20.6x||21.7x||0.6x|
|Mon, 03 Oct 2022||AU$81.0b||AU$134.2b||AU$3.7b||20.9x||22.2x||0.6x|
|Wed, 31 Aug 2022||AU$86.4b||AU$134.2b||AU$3.7b||22.2x||23.6x||0.6x|
|Fri, 29 Jul 2022||AU$90.1b||AU$130.7b||AU$3.5b||25.2x||26.1x||0.7x|
|Sun, 26 Jun 2022||AU$86.1b||AU$130.0b||AU$3.5b||23.9x||24.9x||0.7x|
|Tue, 24 May 2022||AU$85.6b||AU$130.0b||AU$3.5b||23.9x||24.8x||0.7x|
|Thu, 21 Apr 2022||AU$92.9b||AU$128.7b||AU$3.3b||25x||28.5x||0.7x|
|Sat, 19 Mar 2022||AU$86.0b||AU$128.7b||AU$3.3b||23.8x||26.4x||0.7x|
|Mon, 14 Feb 2022||AU$79.3b||AU$126.1b||AU$3.4b||21.4x||23.6x||0.6x|
|Wed, 12 Jan 2022||AU$83.7b||AU$126.1b||AU$3.4b||22.1x||24.9x||0.7x|
|Fri, 10 Dec 2021||AU$91.1b||AU$126.1b||AU$3.4b||23.7x||27.1x||0.7x|
|Sun, 07 Nov 2021||AU$90.1b||AU$124.8b||AU$3.2b||29.1x||27.9x||0.7x|
|Tue, 05 Oct 2021||AU$89.9b||AU$124.8b||AU$3.2b||28.9x||27.9x||0.7x|
|Thu, 02 Sep 2021||AU$92.8b||AU$124.8b||AU$3.2b||27.9x||28.7x||0.7x|
|Sat, 31 Jul 2021||AU$89.6b||AU$124.8b||AU$3.2b||26.7x||27.8x||0.7x|
|Tue, 04 May 2021||AU$76.4b||AU$113.8b||AU$2.6b||29.1x||29.3x||0.7x|
|Fri, 05 Feb 2021||AU$80.3b||AU$124.4b||AU$2.7b||29.8x||29.6x||0.6x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the Australian Consumer Retailing industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 20.9x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 25.1x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 0.65x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Consumer Retailing industry have grown 13% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 5.0% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Australian Consumer Staples industry?
|Food and Staples Retail||1.19%|
|Big Box Super Stores||0%|
|Food Distributors||-4.05%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Food Retail industry even though it's trading below its 3-year average PE ratio of 28.8x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 6.7%, which is higher than its past year's earnings growth of 4.6% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Food Distributors industry, which is trading below its 3-year average of 14.1x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Food Retail industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 6.7% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings growth rate of 4.6% per year.
- In contrast, the Food Distributors industry is expected to see its earnings decline by 5.8% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?