Header cover image

Canadian (TSX) Specialty Stores Industry Analysis

UpdatedJun 05, 2023
DataAggregated Company Financials
  • 7D-12.8%
  • 3M-16.2%
  • 1Y-41.2%
  • YTD-8.7%

Over the last 7 days, the Specialty Stores industry has dropped 13%, driven by pullbacks from every company within the industry. Overall the industry is down 41% in 12 months. Earnings are forecast to grow by 54% annually.

Industry Valuation and Performance

Has the Canadian Specialty Stores Industry valuation changed over the past few years?

DateMarket CapRevenueEarningsPEAbsolute PEPS
Mon, 05 Jun 2023CA$266.7mCA$1.7b-CA$153,812,891.000.3x-1.7x0.2x
Wed, 03 May 2023CA$327.4mCA$1.6b-CA$171,184,434.005.6x-1.9x0.2x
Fri, 31 Mar 2023CA$308.6mCA$1.6b-CA$171,184,434.005.6x-1.8x0.2x
Sun, 26 Feb 2023CA$189.9mCA$1.5b-CA$148,375,715.006.2x-1.3x0.1x
Tue, 24 Jan 2023CA$132.9mCA$444.1m-CA$116,372,121.007.5x-1.1x0.3x
Thu, 22 Dec 2022CA$140.7mCA$476.4m-CA$125,690,438.0067.8x-1.1x0.3x
Sat, 19 Nov 2022CA$124.9mCA$477.9m-CA$99,588,438.0081.2x-1.3x0.3x
Mon, 17 Oct 2022CA$232.2mCA$1.6b-CA$104,486,438.0089x-2.2x0.1x
Wed, 14 Sep 2022CA$289.5mCA$1.5b-CA$62,699,963.00n/a-4.6x0.2x
Fri, 12 Aug 2022CA$321.1mCA$1.5b-CA$67,720,683.00n/a-4.7x0.2x
Sun, 10 Jul 2022CA$293.6mCA$1.5b-CA$64,259,683.0029.2x-4.6x0.2x
Tue, 07 Jun 2022CA$343.9mCA$1.5b-CA$97,231,511.0029.7x-3.5x0.2x
Thu, 05 May 2022CA$354.5mCA$1.4b-CA$100,692,686.0056.3x-3.5x0.3x
Sat, 02 Apr 2022CA$499.2mCA$1.4b-CA$92,648,686.0060x-5.4x0.4x
Mon, 28 Feb 2022CA$474.0mCA$1.3b-CA$91,266,794.00n/a-5.2x0.4x
Wed, 26 Jan 2022CA$447.1mCA$1.3b-CA$105,664,794.00n/a-4.2x0.3x
Fri, 24 Dec 2021CA$463.1mCA$1.3b-CA$105,664,794.00n/a-4.4x0.4x
Sun, 21 Nov 2021CA$590.4mCA$1.3b-CA$131,218,920.00n/a-4.5x0.5x
Tue, 19 Oct 2021CA$571.6mCA$1.2b-CA$144,668,920.00n/a-4x0.5x
Thu, 16 Sep 2021CA$676.8mCA$1.2b-CA$145,049,127.00n/a-4.7x0.6x
Sat, 14 Aug 2021CA$542.4mCA$249.9m-CA$145,370,127.00n/a-3.7x2.2x
Wed, 09 Jun 2021CA$578.0mCA$234.6m-CA$138,439,127.00n/a-4.2x2.5x
Tue, 02 Mar 2021CA$430.4mCA$1.0b-CA$287,293,037.00n/a-1.5x0.4x
Fri, 04 Dec 2020CA$13.8mCA$31.8m-CA$18,546,262.00n/a-0.7x0.4x
Mon, 07 Sep 2020CA$150.1mCA$98.1m-CA$61,601,456.00n/a-2.4x1.5x
Price to Earnings Ratio


Total Market Cap: CA$115.8mTotal Earnings: -CA$39,014,000.00Total Revenue: CA$80.5mTotal Market Cap vs Earnings and Revenue0%0%0%
Canadian Specialty Stores Industry Price to Earnings3Y Average -3x202120222023
Current Industry PE
  • Investors are pessimistic on the Canadian Specialty Stores industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
  • The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 0.69x.
Past Earnings Growth
  • The earnings for companies in the Specialty Stores industry have improved over the last three years.
  • Revenues for these companies have grown 17% per year.
  • This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently losses are decreasing too.

Industry Comparison

How does Canadian Specialty Stores compare with similar industries?

CA Market0.61%
Consumer Discretionary-0.36%
Specialty Stores0.53%
Specialty Stores-12.77%
Home Improvement Retail15.00%
Home Furnishing Retail2.83%
Automotive Retail1.98%
Computer and Electronics Retail0%
Apparel Retail-0.36%
Industry PEThere are no additional sub-industries under this industry.
Forecasted GrowthThere are no additional sub-industries under this industry.

Top Stock Gainers and Losers

Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?

CompanyLast Price7D1YValuation
KITS Kits EyecareCA$4.730.9%
Simply Wall Street Pty Ltd (ACN 600 056 611), is a Corporate Authorised Representative (Authorised Representative Number: 467183) of Sanlam Private Wealth Pty Ltd (AFSL No. 337927). Any advice contained in this website is general advice only and has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should not rely on any advice and/or information contained in this website and before making any investment decision we recommend that you consider whether it is appropriate for your situation and seek appropriate financial, taxation and legal advice. Please read our Financial Services Guide before deciding whether to obtain financial services from us.

Latest News



Pet Valu Holdings







Fire & Flower Holdings







Nova Cannabis







Kits Eyecare







Indigo Books & Music