Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the Canadian Beverage Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Thu, 01 Dec 2022||CA$5.4b||CA$3.8b||-CA$158,956,877.00||47.4x||-33.9x||1.4x|
|Sat, 29 Oct 2022||CA$5.2b||CA$3.8b||-CA$122,714,817.00||20.9x||-42.5x||1.4x|
|Mon, 26 Sep 2022||CA$4.8b||CA$3.8b||-CA$119,258,880.00||44.1x||-40.5x||1.3x|
|Wed, 24 Aug 2022||CA$5.2b||CA$3.6b||-CA$120,465,019.00||21.1x||-43.5x||1.4x|
|Fri, 22 Jul 2022||CA$5.0b||CA$3.6b||-CA$98,442,371.00||27.4x||-51.2x||1.4x|
|Sun, 19 Jun 2022||CA$5.0b||CA$3.6b||-CA$98,903,512.00||24.6x||-50.1x||1.4x|
|Tue, 17 May 2022||CA$5.5b||CA$3.6b||-CA$88,075,667.00||24.9x||-62x||1.5x|
|Thu, 14 Apr 2022||CA$5.6b||CA$3.4b||-CA$69,184,468.00||23.5x||-80.2x||1.6x|
|Sat, 12 Mar 2022||CA$5.3b||CA$6.2b||-CA$322,339,938.00||23.7x||-16.6x||0.9x|
|Mon, 07 Feb 2022||CA$5.9b||CA$6.2b||-CA$342,009,348.00||18.3x||-17.2x||1x|
|Wed, 05 Jan 2022||CA$6.3b||CA$6.2b||-CA$320,900,216.00||17.8x||-19.6x||1x|
|Fri, 03 Dec 2021||CA$6.0b||CA$6.2b||-CA$321,289,073.00||18.1x||-18.7x||1x|
|Sun, 31 Oct 2021||CA$5.9b||CA$6.0b||-CA$300,478,929.00||18.7x||-19.5x||1x|
|Tue, 28 Sep 2021||CA$6.2b||CA$6.1b||-CA$309,640,241.00||19.1x||-20.2x||1x|
|Thu, 26 Aug 2021||CA$6.6b||CA$6.2b||-CA$320,735,007.72||19.8x||-20.6x||1.1x|
|Fri, 02 Jul 2021||CA$6.3b||CA$6.1b||-CA$416,776,898.72||22.1x||-15.2x||1x|
|Mon, 05 Apr 2021||CA$6.3b||CA$6.1b||-CA$427,359,658.72||17.9x||-14.7x||1x|
|Thu, 07 Jan 2021||CA$5.9b||CA$6.1b||-CA$405,090,406.69||15.4x||-14.7x||1x|
|Wed, 30 Sep 2020||CA$4.8b||CA$6.1b||-CA$397,164,820.00||14.5x||-12x||0.8x|
|Sat, 04 Jul 2020||CA$5.0b||CA$6.2b||-CA$1,304,469,730.80||17.1x||-3.8x||0.8x|
|Tue, 07 Apr 2020||CA$4.0b||CA$6.8b||-CA$947,944,296.87||15.8x||-4.2x||0.6x|
|Fri, 10 Jan 2020||CA$4.9b||CA$6.3b||-CA$821,903,312.61||21.3x||-5.9x||0.8x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are optimistic on the Canadian Beverage industry, and appear confident in long term growth rates.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 1.0x is lower than the industry's current PS ratio of 1.4x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Beverage industry have improved over the last three years.
- Meanwhile revenues for these companies have declined 16% per year.
- This means that less sales are being generated overall, but since the cost of doing business is lower, losses have been shrinking.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Canadian Consumer Staples industry?
|Distillers and Wine Makers||0.49%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Distillers and Wine Makers industry which is trading above its 3-year average PE ratio of 20.8x.
- It looks like they are confident that earnings will grow faster in the future than they have historically.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Soft Drinks industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 46% over the next 5 years.
- In contrast, the Soft Drinks industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 46% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?