Sector Valuation and Performance
Has the Canadian Energy Sector valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Sun, 03 Dec 2023||CA$633.6b||CA$414.4b||CA$49.0b||7x||12.9x||1.5x|
|Tue, 31 Oct 2023||CA$630.5b||CA$427.6b||CA$56.1b||6.4x||11.2x||1.5x|
|Thu, 28 Sep 2023||CA$641.8b||CA$428.2b||CA$56.7b||6.8x||11.3x||1.5x|
|Sat, 26 Aug 2023||CA$606.7b||CA$428.4b||CA$56.7b||6.2x||10.7x||1.4x|
|Mon, 24 Jul 2023||CA$586.4b||CA$462.9b||CA$68.5b||5.6x||8.6x||1.3x|
|Wed, 21 Jun 2023||CA$558.2b||CA$463.0b||CA$68.6b||5x||8.1x||1.2x|
|Fri, 19 May 2023||CA$562.9b||CA$464.5b||CA$69.0b||5x||8.2x||1.2x|
|Sun, 16 Apr 2023||CA$607.1b||CA$473.8b||CA$70.6b||5.7x||8.6x||1.3x|
|Tue, 14 Mar 2023||CA$580.1b||CA$473.7b||CA$70.9b||5.3x||8.2x||1.2x|
|Thu, 09 Feb 2023||CA$613.5b||CA$461.8b||CA$75.9b||5.7x||8.1x||1.3x|
|Sat, 07 Jan 2023||CA$593.1b||CA$459.3b||CA$75.0b||5.8x||7.9x||1.3x|
|Mon, 05 Dec 2022||CA$639.0b||CA$459.2b||CA$75.0b||6.3x||8.5x||1.4x|
|Wed, 02 Nov 2022||CA$648.5b||CA$432.8b||CA$65.5b||7.3x||9.9x||1.5x|
|Fri, 30 Sep 2022||CA$563.8b||CA$425.9b||CA$64.9b||6.2x||8.7x||1.3x|
|Sun, 28 Aug 2022||CA$636.6b||CA$424.5b||CA$64.5b||7.3x||9.9x||1.5x|
|Tue, 26 Jul 2022||CA$590.5b||CA$369.2b||CA$52.3b||8.4x||11.3x||1.6x|
|Thu, 23 Jun 2022||CA$604.0b||CA$369.2b||CA$52.4b||8.7x||11.5x||1.6x|
|Sat, 21 May 2022||CA$662.8b||CA$368.8b||CA$52.2b||9.7x||12.7x||1.8x|
|Mon, 18 Apr 2022||CA$654.5b||CA$326.3b||CA$41.8b||10.3x||15.6x||2x|
|Wed, 16 Mar 2022||CA$585.5b||CA$326.3b||CA$41.9b||8x||14x||1.8x|
|Fri, 11 Feb 2022||CA$561.9b||CA$303.6b||CA$32.4b||9.3x||17.3x||1.9x|
|Sun, 09 Jan 2022||CA$519.2b||CA$282.0b||CA$28.9b||8.6x||17.9x||1.8x|
|Tue, 07 Dec 2021||CA$479.8b||CA$282.1b||CA$28.9b||9.2x||16.6x||1.7x|
|Thu, 04 Nov 2021||CA$516.2b||CA$258.5b||CA$22.3b||11.8x||23.2x||2x|
|Sat, 02 Oct 2021||CA$472.1b||CA$248.0b||CA$18.6b||11.2x||25.4x||1.9x|
|Mon, 30 Aug 2021||CA$420.8b||CA$245.1b||CA$18.3b||8.9x||23.1x||1.7x|
|Tue, 06 Jul 2021||CA$449.7b||CA$245.1b||CA$18.3b||9.6x||24.6x||1.8x|
|Fri, 09 Apr 2021||CA$386.1b||CA$207.7b||CA$1.4b||10.5x||275.1x||1.9x|
|Thu, 31 Dec 2020||CA$309.5b||CA$196.5b||-CA$26,250,399,286.25||9.8x||-11.8x||1.6x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the Canadian Energy industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 12.9x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 34.6x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 1.6x.
Past Earnings Growth
- Total earnings for the Energy industry have gone up over the last three years, and the industry is now profitable. Revenues have grown 25% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by the industry overall, and subsequently profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Canadian Energy sector?
|Oil and Gas||0.11%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Oil and Gas industry even though it's trading below its 3-year average PE ratio of 25.4x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 13.3%, which is higher than its past year's earnings decline of 25.6% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Energy Services industry, although it looks like investor sentiment has improved given that it's trading above its 3-year average.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Energy Services industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 26% over the next 5 years.
- However this is lower than its past earnings growth rate of 111% per year.
- In contrast, the Oil and Gas industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 13% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?