Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the Canadian Multi-Utilities Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Tue, 06 Dec 2022||CA$21.6b||CA$15.6b||CA$1.2b||14.6x||17.8x||1.4x|
|Thu, 03 Nov 2022||CA$24.5b||CA$15.3b||CA$2.1b||14.3x||11.7x||1.6x|
|Sat, 01 Oct 2022||CA$24.9b||CA$15.0b||CA$2.0b||15.2x||12.2x||1.7x|
|Mon, 29 Aug 2022||CA$29.1b||CA$14.6b||CA$2.1b||17.4x||14.1x||2x|
|Wed, 27 Jul 2022||CA$27.6b||CA$11.3b||CA$1.1b||26.1x||24.4x||2.4x|
|Fri, 24 Jun 2022||CA$26.7b||CA$11.3b||CA$1.1b||24.3x||23.5x||2.4x|
|Sun, 22 May 2022||CA$28.7b||CA$11.3b||CA$1.1b||26.2x||25.3x||2.5x|
|Tue, 19 Apr 2022||CA$28.9b||CA$10.7b||CA$896.6m||32.1x||32.2x||2.7x|
|Thu, 17 Mar 2022||CA$27.4b||CA$10.7b||CA$900.0m||30.1x||30.4x||2.6x|
|Sat, 12 Feb 2022||CA$26.3b||CA$10.2b||CA$1.2b||22.5x||21.8x||2.6x|
|Mon, 10 Jan 2022||CA$26.3b||CA$10.2b||CA$1.2b||22x||21.8x||2.6x|
|Wed, 08 Dec 2021||CA$26.2b||CA$10.2b||CA$1.2b||22.7x||21.6x||2.6x|
|Fri, 05 Nov 2021||CA$26.2b||CA$10.0b||CA$1.3b||22x||20.1x||2.6x|
|Sun, 03 Oct 2021||CA$25.4b||CA$9.9b||CA$1.3b||21.6x||19x||2.6x|
|Tue, 31 Aug 2021||CA$26.6b||CA$9.8b||CA$1.3b||22.6x||20.2x||2.7x|
|Wed, 07 Jul 2021||CA$25.7b||CA$9.8b||CA$1.3b||23.4x||19.5x||2.6x|
|Sat, 10 Apr 2021||CA$25.9b||CA$9.5b||CA$1.7b||19.3x||15.6x||2.7x|
|Fri, 01 Jan 2021||CA$25.2b||CA$9.3b||CA$1.6b||16.6x||15.8x||2.7x|
|Mon, 05 Oct 2020||CA$24.5b||CA$9.5b||CA$1.3b||19.5x||19.4x||2.6x|
|Thu, 09 Jul 2020||CA$23.0b||CA$9.9b||CA$1.7b||13.6x||13.9x||2.3x|
|Wed, 01 Apr 2020||CA$23.6b||CA$10.3b||CA$1.8b||11.1x||12.8x||2.3x|
|Sat, 04 Jan 2020||CA$26.0b||CA$10.7b||CA$2.1b||12.1x||12.5x||2.4x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the Canadian Multi-Utilities industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 11.8x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 17.9x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 2.5x is higher than the industry's current PS ratio of 1.4x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Multi-Utilities industry have declined 5.7% per year over the last three years.
- Meanwhile revenues for these companies have grown 12% per year.
- This means that although more sales are being generated, either the cost of doing business or the level of investment back into businesses has increased, which has decreased profits.
How does Canadian Multi-Utilities compare with similar industries?
Industry PEThere are no additional sub-industries under this industry.
Forecasted GrowthThere are no additional sub-industries under this industry.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?
|No data available|