Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the Indian Banks Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Thu, 01 Dec 2022||₹36.2t||₹8.1t||₹2.1t||13.3x||17x||4.4x|
|Sat, 29 Oct 2022||₹33.5t||₹8.0t||₹2.0t||14.6x||16.6x||4.2x|
|Mon, 26 Sep 2022||₹32.2t||₹7.8t||₹1.9t||14.6x||16.9x||4.1x|
|Wed, 24 Aug 2022||₹31.3t||₹7.8t||₹1.9t||14.2x||16.5x||4x|
|Fri, 22 Jul 2022||₹29.5t||₹7.6t||₹1.8t||13.6x||16.5x||3.9x|
|Sun, 19 Jun 2022||₹26.6t||₹7.6t||₹1.8t||12.5x||15.1x||3.5x|
|Tue, 17 May 2022||₹27.5t||₹7.9t||₹1.7t||13.9x||15.7x||3.5x|
|Thu, 14 Apr 2022||₹30.7t||₹7.3t||₹1.5t||14x||20.3x||4.2x|
|Sat, 12 Mar 2022||₹28.3t||₹7.3t||₹1.5t||12.9x||18.7x||3.9x|
|Mon, 07 Feb 2022||₹31.8t||₹7.1t||₹1.4t||14.5x||22.2x||4.5x|
|Wed, 05 Jan 2022||₹30.2t||₹7.0t||₹1.3t||15.9x||22.7x||4.3x|
|Fri, 03 Dec 2021||₹30.0t||₹7.0t||₹1.3t||15.8x||22.5x||4.3x|
|Sun, 31 Oct 2021||₹31.8t||₹6.8t||₹1.3t||17.9x||23.8x||4.7x|
|Tue, 28 Sep 2021||₹30.6t||₹6.6t||₹1.3t||17.9x||24.2x||4.6x|
|Thu, 26 Aug 2021||₹28.5t||₹6.6t||₹1.3t||17.5x||22.6x||4.3x|
|Fri, 02 Jul 2021||₹28.6t||₹6.6t||₹1.3t||19.9x||22.7x||4.3x|
|Mon, 05 Apr 2021||₹26.8t||₹6.3t||₹1.2t||22.7x||23.2x||4.3x|
|Thu, 07 Jan 2021||₹24.9t||₹5.7t||₹956.6b||24.5x||26.1x||4.4x|
|Wed, 30 Sep 2020||₹17.1t||₹5.3t||₹792.4b||16.9x||21.6x||3.2x|
|Sat, 04 Jul 2020||₹16.6t||₹5.0t||₹673.6b||16.1x||24.7x||3.3x|
|Tue, 07 Apr 2020||₹14.3t||₹4.9t||₹671.5b||13.4x||21.3x||2.9x|
|Fri, 10 Jan 2020||₹23.8t||₹5.1t||₹665.6b||23.1x||35.8x||4.7x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the Indian Banks industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 17.0x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 23.1x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 4.1x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Banks industry have grown 60% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 20% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Indian Financials industry?
|Diversified Banks||0.89%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Diversified Banks industry even though it's trading below its 3-year average PE ratio of 23.0x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 16.9%, which is lower than the prior year's growth of 43.7% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Regional Banks industry, although it looks like investor sentiment has improved given that it's trading above its 3-year average of 2.7x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Regional Banks industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 28% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings growth rate of 11% per year.
- In contrast, the Diversified Banks industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 17% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?