Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the Indian Food Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Mon, 28 Nov 2022||₹7.5t||₹3.2t||₹144.1b||24.5x||51.9x||2.3x|
|Wed, 26 Oct 2022||₹7.4t||₹3.1t||₹132.7b||19.9x||56.1x||2.4x|
|Fri, 23 Sep 2022||₹7.6t||₹3.1t||₹130.9b||20.4x||58.2x||2.4x|
|Sun, 21 Aug 2022||₹7.2t||₹3.1t||₹129.8b||19.9x||55.8x||2.3x|
|Tue, 19 Jul 2022||₹7.0t||₹3.0t||₹132.4b||23.1x||52.6x||2.3x|
|Thu, 16 Jun 2022||₹6.6t||₹3.0t||₹141.4b||23.3x||46.5x||2.2x|
|Sat, 14 May 2022||₹6.4t||₹2.9t||₹146.6b||21.4x||43.9x||2.2x|
|Mon, 11 Apr 2022||₹6.9t||₹2.9t||₹143.9b||24x||48.2x||2.4x|
|Wed, 09 Mar 2022||₹6.0t||₹2.8t||₹143.5b||20.9x||41.8x||2.1x|
|Fri, 04 Feb 2022||₹6.1t||₹2.3t||₹138.0b||22.1x||43.9x||2.6x|
|Sun, 02 Jan 2022||₹5.5t||₹2.2t||₹124.6b||18.1x||44.1x||2.5x|
|Tue, 30 Nov 2021||₹5.3t||₹2.2t||₹124.6b||16.8x||42.9x||2.5x|
|Thu, 28 Oct 2021||₹5.6t||₹2.1t||₹121.7b||17.7x||45.8x||2.6x|
|Sat, 25 Sep 2021||₹5.8t||₹2.1t||₹120.5b||16.6x||48.3x||2.7x|
|Mon, 23 Aug 2021||₹5.6t||₹2.1t||₹106.0b||16.7x||52.8x||2.6x|
|Sat, 10 Jul 2021||₹5.8t||₹2.2t||₹117.6b||18.3x||49.5x||2.7x|
|Fri, 02 Apr 2021||₹5.0t||₹2.1t||₹116.8b||14.1x||43x||2.4x|
|Mon, 04 Jan 2021||₹5.1t||₹2.0t||₹104.7b||17.9x||48.9x||2.6x|
|Thu, 08 Oct 2020||₹4.7t||₹1.9t||₹175.9b||14x||26.5x||2.4x|
|Wed, 01 Jul 2020||₹4.7t||₹1.9t||₹172.5b||12.2x||27.4x||2.5x|
|Sat, 04 Apr 2020||₹3.7t||₹1.9t||₹164.2b||12.2x||22.4x||1.9x|
|Tue, 07 Jan 2020||₹3.8t||₹1.8t||₹98.3b||13.6x||38.3x||2.1x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are optimistic on the Indian Food industry, and appear confident in long term growth rates.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 51.9x which is higher than its 3-year average PE of 41.8x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 2.4x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Food industry have grown 18% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 23% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Indian Consumer Staples industry?
|Packaged Foods and Meats||0.64%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Packaged Foods and Meats industry which is trading above its 3-year average PE ratio of 41.9x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 18.9%, which is higher than its past year's earnings growth of 2.4% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Agricultural Products industry, although it looks like investor sentiment has improved given that it's trading above its 3-year average.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Agricultural Products industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 25% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings growth rate of 18% per year.
- In contrast, the Packaged Foods and Meats industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 19% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?