Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the Indian Luxury Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Thu, 08 Dec 2022||₹6.5t||₹5.7t||₹196.1b||15.5x||33.1x||1.1x|
|Sat, 05 Nov 2022||₹6.7t||₹5.3t||₹199.8b||13.6x||33.4x||1.3x|
|Mon, 03 Oct 2022||₹6.4t||₹5.3t||₹204.4b||13.5x||31.5x||1.2x|
|Wed, 31 Aug 2022||₹6.4t||₹5.1t||₹194.7b||13.8x||32.8x||1.3x|
|Fri, 29 Jul 2022||₹5.8t||₹4.9t||₹175.6b||13.3x||33.3x||1.2x|
|Sun, 26 Jun 2022||₹5.3t||₹4.9t||₹175.0b||12.2x||30.5x||1.1x|
|Tue, 24 May 2022||₹5.7t||₹4.8t||₹191.8b||12.7x||29.9x||1.2x|
|Thu, 21 Apr 2022||₹6.4t||₹4.8t||₹184.3b||13.4x||34.5x||1.3x|
|Sat, 19 Mar 2022||₹6.4t||₹4.8t||₹184.2b||12.4x||34.6x||1.3x|
|Mon, 14 Feb 2022||₹6.1t||₹4.5t||₹179.8b||13.2x||33.8x||1.3x|
|Wed, 12 Jan 2022||₹6.4t||₹4.4t||₹157.8b||14.9x||40.7x||1.5x|
|Fri, 10 Dec 2021||₹5.9t||₹4.4t||₹157.6b||12.4x||37.3x||1.3x|
|Sun, 07 Nov 2021||₹5.8t||₹4.6t||₹129.6b||15.4x||44.5x||1.2x|
|Tue, 05 Oct 2021||₹5.1t||₹4.5t||₹78.2b||16x||65.8x||1.1x|
|Thu, 02 Sep 2021||₹4.8t||₹4.7t||₹106.0b||14.6x||45.4x||1x|
|Sat, 31 Jul 2021||₹4.6t||₹4.7t||₹106.0b||15.2x||43.8x||1x|
|Tue, 04 May 2021||₹3.6t||₹4.4t||₹55.2b||14.4x||66x||0.8x|
|Fri, 05 Feb 2021||₹3.3t||₹4.2t||-₹527,142,975.00||17.1x||-6182.3x||0.8x|
|Mon, 09 Nov 2020||₹2.7t||₹4.1t||-₹13,421,650,204.00||15.7x||-198.4x||0.6x|
|Sun, 02 Aug 2020||₹2.4t||₹3.9t||-₹4,297,760,436.00||14.7x||-548.3x||0.6x|
|Wed, 06 May 2020||₹2.2t||₹4.1t||₹42.2b||10.4x||53.1x||0.5x|
|Sat, 08 Feb 2020||₹3.0t||₹4.1t||₹49.5b||12.2x||60.1x||0.7x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are optimistic on the Indian Luxury industry, and appear confident in long term growth rates.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 33.1x which is higher than its 3-year average PE of -564x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 0.95x is lower than the industry's current PS ratio of 1.1x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Luxury industry have grown 58% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 12% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Indian Consumer Discretionary industry?
|Apparel, Accessories and Luxury Goods||0.20%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Footwear industry even though it's trading below its 3-year average PE ratio of 134x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 28.0%, which is lower than the prior year's growth of 65.0% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Textiles industry, although it looks like investor sentiment has improved given that it's trading above its 3-year average.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Footwear industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 28% over the next 5 years.
- However this is lower than its past earnings growth rate of 65% per year.
- In contrast, the Textiles industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 14% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?