Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the South Korean Consumer Services Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Mon, 30 Jan 2023||₩3.7t||₩3.6t||₩158.6b||18x||23.3x||1x|
|Wed, 28 Dec 2022||₩3.4t||₩3.6t||₩158.6b||16.9x||21.6x||0.9x|
|Fri, 25 Nov 2022||₩3.4t||₩3.6t||₩165.7b||11x||20.6x||1x|
|Sun, 23 Oct 2022||₩3.2t||₩3.5t||₩168.6b||10.6x||19.2x||0.9x|
|Tue, 20 Sep 2022||₩3.4t||₩3.5t||₩166.2b||11.7x||20.6x||1x|
|Thu, 18 Aug 2022||₩3.8t||₩3.4t||₩177.4b||13.1x||21.3x||1.1x|
|Sat, 16 Jul 2022||₩3.6t||₩3.4t||₩177.4b||10.5x||20.5x||1.1x|
|Mon, 13 Jun 2022||₩4.1t||₩3.4t||₩177.4b||12.3x||23.3x||1.2x|
|Wed, 11 May 2022||₩4.3t||₩3.3t||₩176.6b||13.6x||24.5x||1.3x|
|Fri, 08 Apr 2022||₩4.8t||₩3.4t||₩183.0b||14.3x||26.4x||1.4x|
|Sun, 06 Mar 2022||₩4.3t||₩3.2t||₩197.6b||13.1x||21.8x||1.3x|
|Tue, 01 Feb 2022||₩4.3t||₩3.2t||₩197.6b||12.9x||21.7x||1.3x|
|Thu, 30 Dec 2021||₩4.4t||₩3.2t||₩190.5b||13.9x||23x||1.4x|
|Sat, 27 Nov 2021||₩4.3t||₩3.2t||₩187.4b||13.9x||22.8x||1.3x|
|Mon, 25 Oct 2021||₩4.2t||₩3.1t||₩154.2b||16.2x||27.1x||1.4x|
|Wed, 22 Sep 2021||₩4.1t||₩3.1t||₩154.2b||14.9x||26.8x||1.4x|
|Fri, 20 Aug 2021||₩4.2t||₩3.3t||₩167.0b||14.9x||25x||1.3x|
|Fri, 04 Jun 2021||₩4.5t||₩3.1t||₩128.0b||20.1x||34.8x||1.4x|
|Mon, 08 Mar 2021||₩3.3t||₩3.0t||₩77.1b||17.4x||42.6x||1.1x|
|Thu, 10 Dec 2020||₩2.7t||₩3.0t||₩64.7b||18.5x||41.8x||0.9x|
|Wed, 02 Sep 2020||₩2.6t||₩3.1t||₩92.8b||15.8x||27.8x||0.8x|
|Sat, 06 Jun 2020||₩2.6t||₩3.1t||₩120.7b||18.8x||21.7x||0.8x|
|Tue, 10 Mar 2020||₩2.6t||₩3.1t||₩170.9b||13.2x||15.4x||0.8x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the South Korean Consumer Services industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 23.3x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 26.5x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 1.1x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Consumer Services industry have declined 2.5% per year over the last three years.
- Meanwhile revenues for these companies have grown 4.9% per year.
- This means that although more sales are being generated, either the cost of doing business or the level of investment back into businesses has increased, which has decreased profits.
Which industries have driven the changes within the South Korean Consumer Discretionary industry?
|Specialized Consumer Services||10.46%|
|Education Services||-1.08%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Education Services industry even though it's trading below its 3-year average PE ratio of 33.4x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 35.9%, which is higher than its past year's earnings growth of 1.4% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Specialized Consumer Services industry, although it looks like investor sentiment has improved given that it's trading above its 3-year average of 14.5x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Education Services industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 36% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings growth rate of 1.4% per year.
- In contrast, the Education Services industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 36% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?