Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the Brazilian Banks Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Fri, 27 Jan 2023||R$722.9b||R$373.7b||R$116.9b||7.3x||6.2x||1.9x|
|Sun, 25 Dec 2022||R$713.3b||R$373.9b||R$117.0b||7x||6.1x||1.9x|
|Tue, 22 Nov 2022||R$725.0b||R$381.3b||R$117.4b||6.3x||6.2x||1.9x|
|Thu, 20 Oct 2022||R$831.1b||R$371.9b||R$112.0b||7.7x||7.4x||2.2x|
|Sat, 17 Sep 2022||R$774.9b||R$371.6b||R$112.0b||7.4x||6.9x||2.1x|
|Mon, 15 Aug 2022||R$798.5b||R$371.1b||R$112.3b||7.6x||7.1x||2.2x|
|Wed, 13 Jul 2022||R$684.5b||R$370.2b||R$105.8b||7x||6.5x||1.8x|
|Fri, 10 Jun 2022||R$755.0b||R$370.2b||R$105.8b||7.7x||7.1x||2x|
|Sun, 08 May 2022||R$735.2b||R$365.2b||R$101.5b||7.3x||7.2x||2x|
|Tue, 05 Apr 2022||R$826.8b||R$363.4b||R$101.6b||8.2x||8.1x||2.3x|
|Thu, 03 Mar 2022||R$766.5b||R$361.3b||R$100.3b||7.5x||7.6x||2.1x|
|Sat, 29 Jan 2022||R$790.0b||R$370.1b||R$101.6b||7.6x||7.8x||2.1x|
|Mon, 27 Dec 2021||R$709.6b||R$370.1b||R$101.6b||7.2x||7x||1.9x|
|Wed, 24 Nov 2021||R$747.6b||R$369.7b||R$101.4b||7.1x||7.4x||2x|
|Fri, 22 Oct 2021||R$807.5b||R$358.7b||R$95.4b||8.3x||8.5x||2.3x|
|Sun, 19 Sep 2021||R$849.1b||R$358.7b||R$95.4b||8.2x||8.9x||2.4x|
|Tue, 17 Aug 2021||R$922.1b||R$360.1b||R$95.6b||8x||9.6x||2.6x|
|Tue, 01 Jun 2021||R$969.8b||R$320.2b||R$78.6b||11x||12.3x||3x|
|Fri, 05 Mar 2021||R$829.7b||R$259.0b||R$71.2b||10.1x||11.7x||3.2x|
|Mon, 07 Dec 2020||R$852.6b||R$242.7b||R$73.7b||9.6x||11.6x||3.5x|
|Thu, 10 Sep 2020||R$732.6b||R$241.8b||R$77.6b||8x||9.4x||3x|
|Wed, 03 Jun 2020||R$675.1b||R$265.5b||R$89.6b||6.6x||7.5x||2.5x|
|Sat, 07 Mar 2020||R$958.1b||R$320.8b||R$97.2b||9.3x||9.9x||3x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the Brazilian Banks industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 6.2x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 8.9x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 2.6x is higher than the industry's current PS ratio of 1.9x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Banks industry have grown 6.4% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 5.2% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Brazilian Financials industry?
|Diversified Banks||-1.17%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Diversified Banks industry even though it's trading below its 3-year average PE ratio of 8.9x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 10.1%, which is higher than its past year's earnings growth of 2.7% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Regional Banks industry, which is trading below its 3-year average of 8.8x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Diversified Banks industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 10% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings growth rate of 2.7% per year.
- In contrast, the Diversified Banks industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 10% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?