Sector Valuation and Performance
Has the German Consumer Staples Sector valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Thu, 30 Nov 2023||€72.7b||€91.9b||€3.6b||21.9x||20.2x||0.8x|
|Sat, 28 Oct 2023||€70.3b||€91.7b||€3.6b||20.6x||19.6x||0.8x|
|Mon, 25 Sep 2023||€73.9b||€91.6b||€3.5b||20.1x||21.3x||0.8x|
|Wed, 23 Aug 2023||€73.6b||€91.5b||€3.5b||20.9x||21.2x||0.8x|
|Fri, 21 Jul 2023||€71.9b||€91.2b||€2.8b||16.7x||25.5x||0.8x|
|Sun, 18 Jun 2023||€73.6b||€90.9b||€2.7b||17.3x||26.9x||0.8x|
|Tue, 16 May 2023||€77.7b||€90.4b||€2.6b||18.2x||29.4x||0.9x|
|Thu, 13 Apr 2023||€75.1b||€89.3b||€2.5b||17.4x||30.3x||0.8x|
|Sat, 11 Mar 2023||€69.7b||€89.2b||€2.5b||16.8x||28x||0.8x|
|Mon, 06 Feb 2023||€70.5b||€86.4b||€2.0b||17.2x||35.3x||0.8x|
|Wed, 04 Jan 2023||€69.2b||€86.2b||€2.4b||16.4x||28.4x||0.8x|
|Fri, 02 Dec 2022||€69.8b||€86.2b||€2.4b||19.3x||28.7x||0.8x|
|Sun, 30 Oct 2022||€63.8b||€85.1b||€1.7b||18.3x||36.6x||0.7x|
|Tue, 27 Sep 2022||€62.6b||€79.5b||€1.8b||18.2x||33.9x||0.8x|
|Thu, 25 Aug 2022||€68.0b||€79.4b||€1.8b||22.9x||36.9x||0.9x|
|Sat, 23 Jul 2022||€65.5b||€75.7b||€2.6b||20.6x||24.9x||0.9x|
|Mon, 20 Jun 2022||€62.5b||€75.2b||€2.6b||21.7x||24.4x||0.8x|
|Wed, 18 May 2022||€68.1b||€74.8b||€2.6b||21.7x||26.5x||0.9x|
|Fri, 15 Apr 2022||€66.2b||€73.1b||€2.8b||20.9x||23.4x||0.9x|
|Sun, 13 Mar 2022||€64.4b||€73.0b||€2.8b||28.7x||23x||0.9x|
|Tue, 08 Feb 2022||€73.5b||€70.6b||€2.8b||29x||26.2x||1x|
|Thu, 06 Jan 2022||€76.8b||€70.3b||€2.6b||30.8x||29x||1.1x|
|Sat, 04 Dec 2021||€78.7b||€69.7b||€2.7b||30.8x||28.9x||1.1x|
|Mon, 01 Nov 2021||€65.6b||€63.1b||€2.4b||27.6x||27.2x||1x|
|Wed, 29 Sep 2021||€68.5b||€62.9b||€2.4b||28.8x||29.1x||1.1x|
|Fri, 27 Aug 2021||€70.6b||€63.0b||€2.4b||32.7x||29.9x||1.1x|
|Sat, 03 Jul 2021||€70.9b||€63.0b||€2.4b||31.7x||30x||1.1x|
|Tue, 06 Apr 2021||€70.6b||€61.8b||€2.0b||30.2x||35.1x||1.1x|
|Fri, 08 Jan 2021||€68.6b||€62.3b||€1.8b||31.6x||37.5x||1.1x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the German Consumer Staples industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 20.2x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 29.4x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 0.94x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Consumer Staples industry have grown 22% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 13% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the German Consumer Staples sector?
|Food and Staples Retail||0.39%|
- Investors are most optimistic about the Personal Products industry, which is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 33.7x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 10.3%, which is lower than the prior year's growth of 13.8% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Food and Staples Retail industry, which is trading below its 3-year average of 144x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Beverage industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 18% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings decline of 30% per year.
- In contrast, the Food industry is expected to see its earnings decline by 7.3% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?