Sector Valuation and Performance
Has the Thai Telecom Sector valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Sun, 04 Dec 2022||฿1.3t||฿493.7b||฿37.9b||28.1x||35.5x||2.7x|
|Tue, 01 Nov 2022||฿1.4t||฿485.5b||฿42.4b||31.1x||31.9x||2.8x|
|Thu, 29 Sep 2022||฿1.4t||฿484.8b||฿42.8b||31.2x||32.5x||2.9x|
|Sat, 27 Aug 2022||฿1.4t||฿484.6b||฿42.7b||31.4x||32x||2.8x|
|Mon, 25 Jul 2022||฿1.4t||฿478.7b||฿41.5b||31.9x||33.1x||2.9x|
|Wed, 22 Jun 2022||฿1.4t||฿478.7b||฿42.0b||33.9x||33.4x||2.9x|
|Fri, 20 May 2022||฿1.4t||฿478.1b||฿41.8b||36.4x||34.6x||3x|
|Sun, 17 Apr 2022||฿1.5t||฿478.6b||฿43.7b||34.6x||34.7x||3.2x|
|Tue, 15 Mar 2022||฿1.5t||฿478.6b||฿43.7b||31.2x||35.4x||3.2x|
|Thu, 10 Feb 2022||฿1.5t||฿473.9b||฿42.5b||37.5x||35.8x||3.2x|
|Sat, 08 Jan 2022||฿1.5t||฿468.9b||฿42.7b||34x||35x||3.2x|
|Mon, 06 Dec 2021||฿1.4t||฿468.8b||฿42.7b||30.2x||33.7x||3.1x|
|Wed, 03 Nov 2021||฿1.3t||฿464.5b||฿40.3b||19.8x||32.3x||2.8x|
|Fri, 01 Oct 2021||฿1.3t||฿464.8b||฿40.8b||29.5x||32.7x||2.9x|
|Sun, 29 Aug 2021||฿1.3t||฿445.5b||฿43.7b||27.3x||28.7x||2.8x|
|Mon, 05 Jul 2021||฿1.1t||฿445.5b||฿43.7b||25.9x||26.3x||2.6x|
|Thu, 08 Apr 2021||฿1.1t||฿442.1b||฿44.0b||27.6x||26x||2.6x|
|Sun, 10 Jan 2021||฿1.1t||฿441.0b||฿42.8b||22.4x||25.8x||2.5x|
|Sat, 03 Oct 2020||฿1.1t||฿469.8b||฿43.2b||19.4x||24.6x||2.3x|
|Tue, 07 Jul 2020||฿1.2t||฿483.8b||฿50.8b||19.8x||22.8x||2.4x|
|Fri, 10 Apr 2020||฿1.1t||฿497.4b||฿56.6b||14.5x||20.1x||2.3x|
|Thu, 02 Jan 2020||฿1.4t||฿498.6b||฿62.7b||23.3x||21.7x||2.7x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are optimistic on the Thai Communication Services industry, and appear confident in long term growth rates.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 35.4x which is higher than its 3-year average PE of 28.0x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 2.7x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Communication Services industry have declined 9.7% per year over the last three years.
- Meanwhile revenues have remained mostly flat.
- This means that although sales have remained flat, either the cost of doing business or the level of investment back into businesses has increased, which has decreased profits.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Thai Telecom sector?
|Telecom Services and Carriers||1.75%|
|Interactive Media and Services||0%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Entertainment industry which is trading above its 3-year average PE ratio of 76.2x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 35.3%, which is higher than its past year's earnings decline of 6.4% per year.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Telecom Services and Carriers industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 58% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings growth rate of 31% per year.
- In contrast, the Wireless Telecom industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 8.4% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?