Sector Valuation and Performance
Has the Thai Materials Sector valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Thu, 30 Nov 2023||฿1.2t||฿2.3t||฿33.8b||14.3x||36.1x||0.5x|
|Sat, 28 Oct 2023||฿1.2t||฿2.4t||฿28.4b||14.1x||41.2x||0.5x|
|Mon, 25 Sep 2023||฿1.3t||฿2.4t||฿29.3b||15.3x||44x||0.5x|
|Wed, 23 Aug 2023||฿1.3t||฿2.4t||฿28.9b||15.4x||44.4x||0.5x|
|Fri, 21 Jul 2023||฿1.3t||฿2.6t||฿64.3b||15x||20.6x||0.5x|
|Sun, 18 Jun 2023||฿1.4t||฿2.6t||฿64.8b||16.1x||21.3x||0.5x|
|Tue, 16 May 2023||฿1.4t||฿2.6t||฿69.7b||15.9x||20.2x||0.5x|
|Thu, 13 Apr 2023||฿1.4t||฿2.7t||฿79.3b||15.7x||18x||0.5x|
|Sat, 11 Mar 2023||฿1.5t||฿2.7t||฿85.8b||15.5x||17.8x||0.6x|
|Mon, 06 Feb 2023||฿1.6t||฿2.7t||฿117.5b||15.4x||13.7x||0.6x|
|Wed, 04 Jan 2023||฿1.6t||฿2.7t||฿126.4b||14.7x||12.7x||0.6x|
|Fri, 02 Dec 2022||฿1.6t||฿2.7t||฿126.4b||15x||12.8x||0.6x|
|Sun, 30 Oct 2022||฿1.5t||฿2.6t||฿149.4b||13.5x||10.3x||0.6x|
|Tue, 27 Sep 2022||฿1.6t||฿2.5t||฿153.9b||14.1x||10.1x||0.6x|
|Thu, 25 Aug 2022||฿1.6t||฿2.5t||฿154.6b||14.3x||10.6x||0.6x|
|Sat, 23 Jul 2022||฿1.6t||฿2.3t||฿176.3b||12.9x||9.1x||0.7x|
|Mon, 20 Jun 2022||฿1.6t||฿2.3t||฿176.1b||13.4x||9.1x||0.7x|
|Wed, 18 May 2022||฿1.6t||฿2.3t||฿175.2b||12.5x||9.4x||0.7x|
|Fri, 15 Apr 2022||฿1.7t||฿2.2t||฿188.9b||12.7x||9.1x||0.8x|
|Sun, 13 Mar 2022||฿1.8t||฿2.2t||฿188.9b||13.1x||9.3x||0.8x|
|Tue, 08 Feb 2022||฿1.9t||฿2.0t||฿181.2b||13.4x||10.3x||0.9x|
|Thu, 06 Jan 2022||฿1.9t||฿2.0t||฿179.6b||13.1x||10.5x||1x|
|Sat, 04 Dec 2021||฿1.8t||฿2.0t||฿179.4b||12.5x||9.9x||0.9x|
|Mon, 01 Nov 2021||฿1.9t||฿1.9t||฿160.8b||13.3x||11.6x||1x|
|Wed, 29 Sep 2021||฿1.9t||฿1.8t||฿162.4b||12.9x||11.6x||1x|
|Fri, 27 Aug 2021||฿1.9t||฿1.9t||฿163.0b||12.7x||11.8x||1x|
|Sat, 03 Jul 2021||฿1.9t||฿1.9t||฿162.9b||13x||11.4x||1x|
|Tue, 06 Apr 2021||฿1.8t||฿1.7t||฿111.6b||13.2x||15.7x||1x|
|Fri, 08 Jan 2021||฿1.6t||฿1.6t||฿70.3b||12.2x||22.3x||1x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are optimistic on the Thai Materials industry, and appear confident in long term growth rates.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 36.3x which is higher than its 3-year average PE of 16.8x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 0.77x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Materials industry have declined 18% per year over the last three years.
- Meanwhile revenues for these companies have grown 13% per year.
- This means that although more sales are being generated, either the cost of doing business or the level of investment back into businesses has increased, which has decreased profits.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Thai Materials sector?
|Paper and Forestry Products||0%|
|Metals and Mining||-0.82%|
|Basic Materials||-1.78%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Packaging industry which is trading above its 3-year average PE ratio of 21.8x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 22.6%, which is higher than its past year's earnings decline of 23.5% per year.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Chemicals industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 93% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings decline of 17% per year.
- In contrast, the Basic Materials industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 9.8% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?