Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the French Semiconductors Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Sat, 03 Dec 2022||€40.0b||€16.3b||€3.5b||25.4x||11.3x||2.5x|
|Mon, 31 Oct 2022||€34.3b||€17.0b||€3.7b||20.1x||9.3x||2x|
|Wed, 28 Sep 2022||€36.8b||€16.4b||€3.2b||16.4x||11.4x||2.2x|
|Fri, 26 Aug 2022||€39.4b||€15.8b||€3.1b||25.6x||12.7x||2.5x|
|Sun, 24 Jul 2022||€37.1b||€14.6b||€2.6b||25.4x||14.2x||2.5x|
|Tue, 21 Jun 2022||€34.5b||€14.2b||€2.5b||17.9x||13.6x||2.4x|
|Thu, 19 May 2022||€40.7b||€14.1b||€2.5b||19.5x||16.5x||2.9x|
|Sat, 16 Apr 2022||€37.3b||€13.2b||€2.0b||16.7x||18.3x||2.8x|
|Mon, 14 Mar 2022||€37.9b||€13.0b||€2.0b||17.3x||18.8x||2.9x|
|Wed, 09 Feb 2022||€42.3b||€12.5b||€2.0b||20.3x||21.7x||3.4x|
|Fri, 07 Jan 2022||€47.4b||€12.3b||€1.8b||24x||26x||3.9x|
|Sun, 05 Dec 2021||€47.0b||€12.3b||€1.8b||23.4x||25.8x||3.8x|
|Tue, 02 Nov 2021||€46.8b||€11.9b||€1.7b||23.6x||27.1x||3.9x|
|Thu, 30 Sep 2021||€43.1b||€11.4b||€1.5b||54.7x||28.8x||3.8x|
|Sat, 28 Aug 2021||€43.4b||€11.2b||€1.5b||59.8x||29.6x||3.9x|
|Sun, 04 Jul 2021||€35.1b||€10.5b||€1.2b||54.3x||29.1x||3.4x|
|Wed, 07 Apr 2021||€36.3b||€9.4b||€994.2m||56.1x||36.5x||3.9x|
|Sat, 09 Jan 2021||€33.0b||€9.4b||€985.8m||61x||33.5x||3.5x|
|Fri, 02 Oct 2020||€27.9b||€9.4b||€828.0m||44.8x||33.7x||3x|
|Mon, 06 Jul 2020||€25.3b||€9.7b||€923.8m||32.6x||27.4x||2.6x|
|Thu, 09 Apr 2020||€20.2b||€9.9b||€1.0b||30.6x||20.1x||2x|
|Wed, 01 Jan 2020||€25.1b||€9.6b||€971.3m||29.7x||25.9x||2.6x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the French Semiconductor industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 11.3x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 25.3x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 3.1x is higher than the industry's current PS ratio of 2.5x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Semiconductor industry have grown 38% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 19% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the French Tech industry?
- Investors are most optimistic about the Semiconductor Equipment industry even though it's trading below its 3-year average PE ratio of 49.8x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 27.8%, which is lower than the prior year's growth of 76.2% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Semiconductors industry, which is trading below its 3-year average of 23.6x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Semiconductor Equipment industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 28% over the next 5 years.
- However this is lower than its past earnings growth rate of 76% per year.
- In contrast, the Semiconductors industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 3.8% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?