Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the French Chemicals Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Sun, 04 Dec 2022||€82.9b||€40.9b||€3.7b||19.3x||22.3x||2x|
|Tue, 01 Nov 2022||€78.0b||€40.3b||€3.7b||16.1x||20.8x||1.9x|
|Thu, 29 Sep 2022||€70.1b||€40.1b||€3.9b||23.4x||18.1x||1.7x|
|Sat, 27 Aug 2022||€77.3b||€40.1b||€3.9b||21.9x||20x||1.9x|
|Mon, 25 Jul 2022||€77.6b||€35.9b||€4.2b||19.2x||18.4x||2.2x|
|Wed, 22 Jun 2022||€78.8b||€36.0b||€4.2b||18.1x||18.6x||2.2x|
|Fri, 20 May 2022||€87.3b||€36.0b||€4.2b||20.1x||20.6x||2.4x|
|Sun, 17 Apr 2022||€88.8b||€35.2b||€4.0b||22.2x||22.1x||2.5x|
|Tue, 15 Mar 2022||€81.7b||€35.1b||€4.0b||16.8x||20.4x||2.3x|
|Thu, 10 Feb 2022||€82.7b||€32.3b||€3.9b||21.3x||21x||2.6x|
|Sat, 08 Jan 2022||€87.8b||€32.3b||€3.9b||19.9x||22.3x||2.7x|
|Mon, 06 Dec 2021||€81.7b||€32.2b||€3.9b||18.5x||20.9x||2.5x|
|Wed, 03 Nov 2021||€81.5b||€31.8b||€3.8b||19.5x||21.7x||2.6x|
|Fri, 01 Oct 2021||€77.8b||€31.7b||€3.7b||16.1x||21.2x||2.5x|
|Sun, 29 Aug 2021||€82.9b||€31.7b||€3.6b||21.1x||22.7x||2.6x|
|Mon, 05 Jul 2021||€81.4b||€31.7b||€3.6b||19.4x||22.3x||2.6x|
|Thu, 08 Apr 2021||€77.1b||€30.9b||€2.9b||24.5x||27x||2.5x|
|Sun, 10 Jan 2021||€73.8b||€30.4b||€2.7b||28.3x||27.1x||2.4x|
|Sat, 03 Oct 2020||€74.0b||€30.8b||€2.6b||27.2x||28.1x||2.4x|
|Tue, 07 Jul 2020||€70.1b||€31.5b||€2.6b||33.2x||26.9x||2.2x|
|Fri, 10 Apr 2020||€62.2b||€32.3b||€2.7b||13.8x||23.2x||1.9x|
|Thu, 02 Jan 2020||€69.6b||€32.8b||€2.8b||22.6x||25.3x||2.1x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are relatively neutral on the French Chemicals industry at the moment, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates to remain steady.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 23.8x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 2.3x is higher than the industry's current PS ratio of 2.0x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Chemicals industry have grown 11% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 7.7% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the French Materials industry?
|Fertilizers and Agricultural Chemicals||0%|
|Commodity Chemicals||-1.70%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Industrial Gases industry, which is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 26.7x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 9.6%, which is higher than its past year's earnings growth of 1.6% per year.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Commodity Chemicals industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 43% over the next 5 years.
- However this is lower than its past earnings growth rate of 228% per year.
- In contrast, the Specialty Chemicals industry is expected to see its earnings decline by 3.2% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?