Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the French Specialty Stores Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Sat, 09 Dec 2023||€3.4b||€18.3b||€1.9m||8.2x||1811.2x||0.2x|
|Mon, 06 Nov 2023||€3.2b||€18.2b||-€18,320,442.00||7.6x||-173.5x||0.2x|
|Wed, 04 Oct 2023||€3.4b||€17.2b||€88.4m||10.5x||38.6x||0.2x|
|Fri, 01 Sep 2023||€3.9b||€17.2b||€103.2m||12.5x||37.3x||0.2x|
|Sun, 30 Jul 2023||€4.2b||€17.3b||€107.9m||12.2x||39.2x||0.2x|
|Tue, 27 Jun 2023||€4.3b||€17.3b||€273.6m||10.8x||15.6x||0.2x|
|Thu, 25 May 2023||€4.4b||€17.3b||€280.2m||11.3x||15.6x||0.3x|
|Sat, 22 Apr 2023||€4.3b||€17.3b||€282.3m||11.1x||15.4x||0.3x|
|Mon, 20 Mar 2023||€4.3b||€18.1b||€324.4m||11.7x||13.2x||0.2x|
|Wed, 15 Feb 2023||€3.7b||€14.7b||€417.8m||8.2x||8.9x||0.3x|
|Fri, 13 Jan 2023||€3.7b||€14.7b||€425.6m||8.5x||8.7x||0.3x|
|Sun, 11 Dec 2022||€3.5b||€14.6b||€423.4m||7.7x||8.3x||0.2x|
|Tue, 08 Nov 2022||€3.4b||€14.7b||€421.3m||7.5x||8x||0.2x|
|Thu, 06 Oct 2022||€3.1b||€14.6b||€414.5m||6.2x||7.4x||0.2x|
|Sat, 03 Sep 2022||€3.4b||€14.6b||€425.7m||6.8x||7.9x||0.2x|
|Mon, 01 Aug 2022||€3.2b||€13.6b||€371.0m||8.1x||8.5x||0.2x|
|Wed, 29 Jun 2022||€3.3b||€13.7b||€408.3m||7.3x||8x||0.2x|
|Fri, 27 May 2022||€3.7b||€13.7b||€405.2m||10x||9.2x||0.3x|
|Sun, 24 Apr 2022||€3.9b||€13.7b||€395.7m||10.4x||10x||0.3x|
|Tue, 22 Mar 2022||€3.9b||€13.7b||€395.3m||10.5x||10x||0.3x|
|Thu, 17 Feb 2022||€4.1b||€13.7b||€355.4m||8.2x||11.5x||0.3x|
|Sat, 15 Jan 2022||€4.3b||€13.7b||€360.5m||8.7x||12x||0.3x|
|Mon, 13 Dec 2021||€4.1b||€13.6b||€364.2m||8.2x||11.2x||0.3x|
|Wed, 10 Nov 2021||€4.3b||€13.6b||€364.2m||8.6x||11.7x||0.3x|
|Fri, 08 Oct 2021||€3.9b||€13.6b||€352.5m||8.4x||11.1x||0.3x|
|Sun, 05 Sep 2021||€4.0b||€13.4b||€313.1m||14x||12.8x||0.3x|
|Tue, 03 Aug 2021||€4.1b||€13.4b||€313.1m||14x||13.2x||0.3x|
|Fri, 07 May 2021||€4.1b||€12.9b||€205.9m||13.6x||19.9x||0.3x|
|Mon, 08 Feb 2021||€3.2b||€12.4b||€88.3m||12.9x||35.7x||0.3x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are optimistic on the French Specialty Retail industry, and appear confident in long term growth rates.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 2kx which is higher than its 3-year average PE of 22.3x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 0.26x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Specialty Retail industry have declined 72% per year over the last three years.
- Meanwhile revenues for these companies have grown 14% per year.
- This means that although more sales are being generated, either the cost of doing business or the level of investment back into businesses has increased, which has decreased profits.
Which industries have driven the changes within the French Consumer Discretionary industry?
|Home Furnishing Retail||5.09%|
|Home Improvement Retail||5.06%|
|Computer and Electronics Retail||1.69%|
|Specialty Stores||-0.21%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Home Improvement Retail industry which is trading above its 3-year average PE ratio of 28.7x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings decline of 6.0%, which is less than its past year's earnings decline of 27.2%.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Automotive Retail industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 107% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings growth rate of 35% per year.
- In contrast, the Home Improvement Retail industry is expected to see its earnings decline by 6.0% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?