Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the French Consumer Durables Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Mon, 27 Nov 2023||€7.2b||€12.0b||€389.8m||10.2x||18.4x||0.6x|
|Wed, 25 Oct 2023||€6.1b||€12.0b||€404.6m||8.3x||15.1x||0.5x|
|Fri, 22 Sep 2023||€6.3b||€12.0b||€407.1m||9x||15.5x||0.5x|
|Sun, 20 Aug 2023||€7.0b||€12.0b||€406.9m||9x||17.1x||0.6x|
|Tue, 18 Jul 2023||€6.8b||€12.0b||€401.7m||7.2x||16.9x||0.6x|
|Thu, 15 Jun 2023||€6.5b||€12.1b||€406.9m||7.9x||15.9x||0.5x|
|Sat, 13 May 2023||€7.5b||€12.0b||€401.2m||13.9x||18.6x||0.6x|
|Mon, 10 Apr 2023||€7.1b||€11.7b||€382.3m||12.8x||18.6x||0.6x|
|Wed, 08 Mar 2023||€7.5b||€11.7b||€430.8m||13.2x||17.5x||0.6x|
|Fri, 03 Feb 2023||€7.0b||€11.8b||€489.5m||13.2x||14.3x||0.6x|
|Sun, 01 Jan 2023||€6.0b||€11.8b||€486.8m||12.3x||12.3x||0.5x|
|Tue, 29 Nov 2022||€5.6b||€11.8b||€484.1m||11.4x||11.6x||0.5x|
|Thu, 27 Oct 2022||€5.1b||€11.8b||€486.5m||11.3x||10.5x||0.4x|
|Sat, 24 Sep 2022||€5.0b||€11.7b||€496.3m||9.1x||10.1x||0.4x|
|Mon, 22 Aug 2022||€6.2b||€11.7b||€487.2m||12x||12.8x||0.5x|
|Wed, 20 Jul 2022||€6.9b||€11.6b||€569.2m||10.9x||12.1x||0.6x|
|Fri, 17 Jun 2022||€6.9b||€11.6b||€571.8m||11.5x||12.1x||0.6x|
|Sun, 15 May 2022||€8.0b||€11.6b||€582.4m||13.3x||13.8x||0.7x|
|Tue, 12 Apr 2022||€9.0b||€11.6b||€583.8m||15.1x||15.4x||0.8x|
|Thu, 10 Mar 2022||€8.7b||€11.6b||€591.0m||14.7x||14.8x||0.8x|
|Sat, 05 Feb 2022||€9.7b||€11.2b||€585.5m||15.8x||16.6x||0.9x|
|Mon, 03 Jan 2022||€10.0b||€11.3b||€603.4m||14.5x||16.5x||0.9x|
|Wed, 01 Dec 2021||€9.5b||€11.3b||€602.1m||14.8x||15.7x||0.8x|
|Fri, 29 Oct 2021||€9.8b||€11.3b||€608.4m||15.3x||16.1x||0.9x|
|Sun, 26 Sep 2021||€9.4b||€11.3b||€607.4m||15x||15.5x||0.8x|
|Tue, 24 Aug 2021||€9.9b||€11.2b||€588.7m||17x||16.8x||0.9x|
|Wed, 30 Jun 2021||€10.9b||€11.2b||€588.7m||18.7x||18.4x||1x|
|Sat, 03 Apr 2021||€10.9b||€10.6b||€487.7m||22.2x||22.3x||1x|
|Tue, 05 Jan 2021||€9.9b||€10.1b||€409.9m||19.6x||24.2x||1x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are relatively neutral on the French Consumer Durables industry at the moment, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates to remain steady.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 16.8x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 0.73x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Consumer Durables industry have remained mostly flat over the last three years.
- Meanwhile revenues for these companies have grown 6.1% per year.
- This means that although more sales are being generated, either the cost of doing business or the level of investment back into businesses has increased and as a result, profits have held steady.
Which industries have driven the changes within the French Consumer Discretionary industry?
|Housewares and Specialties||1.94%|
|Consumer Electronics||1.26%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Homebuilding industry which is trading above its 3-year average PE ratio of 17.6x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 10.8%, which is lower than the prior year's growth of 42.0% per year.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Consumer Electronics industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 21% over the next 5 years.
- However this is lower than its past earnings growth rate of 28% per year.
- In contrast, the Home Furnishings industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 10% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?