Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the French Food Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Wed, 20 Sep 2023||€41.8b||€50.8b||€1.7b||14.2x||25.2x||0.8x|
|Fri, 18 Aug 2023||€41.9b||€50.5b||€1.7b||14x||24.9x||0.8x|
|Sun, 16 Jul 2023||€43.3b||€49.5b||€1.3b||14.9x||33.2x||0.9x|
|Tue, 13 Jun 2023||€42.0b||€49.1b||€1.3b||14x||33.3x||0.9x|
|Thu, 11 May 2023||€44.6b||€49.1b||€1.3b||13.1x||34.6x||0.9x|
|Sat, 08 Apr 2023||€44.2b||€48.8b||€1.6b||18.4x||26.9x||0.9x|
|Mon, 06 Mar 2023||€41.0b||€48.1b||€1.7b||18.2x||24.6x||0.9x|
|Wed, 01 Feb 2023||€38.6b||€46.0b||€2.3b||17.8x||17.1x||0.8x|
|Fri, 30 Dec 2022||€38.3b||€45.9b||€2.3b||17.7x||17x||0.8x|
|Sun, 27 Nov 2022||€38.5b||€45.6b||€2.3b||15.9x||16.9x||0.8x|
|Tue, 25 Oct 2022||€36.3b||€45.6b||€2.3b||13.5x||16x||0.8x|
|Thu, 22 Sep 2022||€37.6b||€46.1b||€2.4b||12.3x||15.4x||0.8x|
|Sat, 20 Aug 2022||€41.1b||€45.7b||€2.5b||12.9x||16.7x||0.9x|
|Mon, 18 Jul 2022||€40.4b||€44.2b||€2.4b||12.9x||16.9x||0.9x|
|Wed, 15 Jun 2022||€39.2b||€43.8b||€2.4b||13.5x||16.6x||0.9x|
|Fri, 13 May 2022||€41.3b||€43.8b||€2.4b||13.3x||17.6x||0.9x|
|Sun, 10 Apr 2022||€40.1b||€43.8b||€2.3b||14.6x||17.1x||0.9x|
|Tue, 08 Mar 2022||€41.6b||€47.0b||€2.5b||16.8x||16.8x||0.9x|
|Thu, 03 Feb 2022||€47.8b||€45.9b||€2.6b||19.2x||18.4x||1x|
|Sat, 01 Jan 2022||€46.7b||€45.9b||€2.6b||17.8x||18x||1x|
|Mon, 29 Nov 2021||€46.5b||€45.6b||€2.6b||17.7x||18x||1x|
|Wed, 27 Oct 2021||€47.9b||€45.6b||€2.6b||21x||18.7x||1.1x|
|Fri, 24 Sep 2021||€49.2b||€45.7b||€2.6b||19.5x||19.1x||1.1x|
|Sun, 22 Aug 2021||€51.9b||€45.4b||€2.5b||21.6x||20.5x||1.1x|
|Fri, 09 Jul 2021||€49.1b||€45.4b||€2.5b||20.5x||19.4x||1.1x|
|Thu, 01 Apr 2021||€48.6b||€45.5b||€2.5b||19.6x||19.3x||1.1x|
|Sun, 03 Jan 2021||€43.5b||€45.8b||€2.5b||14.2x||17.3x||1x|
|Wed, 07 Oct 2020||€44.1b||€46.4b||€2.5b||14.3x||17.9x||1x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are optimistic on the French Food industry, and appear confident in long term growth rates.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 25.2x which is higher than its 3-year average PE of 20.1x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 0.94x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Food industry have declined 12% per year over the last three years.
- Meanwhile revenues for these companies have grown 3.1% per year.
- This means that although more sales are being generated, either the cost of doing business or the level of investment back into businesses has increased, which has decreased profits.
Which industries have driven the changes within the French Consumer Staples industry?
|Packaged Foods and Meats||-0.12%|
|Agricultural Products||-1.23%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Packaged Foods and Meats industry which is trading above its 3-year average PE ratio of 20.4x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 14.7%, which is higher than its past year's earnings decline of 16.9% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Agricultural Products industry, although it looks like investor sentiment has improved given that it's trading above its 3-year average of 17.0x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Packaged Foods and Meats industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 15% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings decline of 17% per year.
- In contrast, the Agricultural Products industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 5.5% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?