Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the South African Banks Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Thu, 01 Dec 2022||R814.2b||R293.3b||R71.5b||8.7x||11.4x||2.8x|
|Sat, 29 Oct 2022||R783.1b||R293.3b||R71.5b||8.4x||10.9x||2.7x|
|Mon, 26 Sep 2022||R677.3b||R292.3b||R70.7b||8.2x||9.6x||2.3x|
|Wed, 24 Aug 2022||R767.1b||R289.7b||R68.0b||9.4x||11.3x||2.6x|
|Fri, 22 Jul 2022||R745.5b||R276.9b||R62.5b||9.4x||11.9x||2.7x|
|Sun, 19 Jun 2022||R737.7b||R276.9b||R62.5b||10.5x||11.8x||2.7x|
|Tue, 17 May 2022||R763.6b||R276.9b||R62.5b||9.5x||12.2x||2.8x|
|Thu, 14 Apr 2022||R780.6b||R277.0b||R62.5b||9.5x||12.5x||2.8x|
|Sat, 12 Mar 2022||R760.7b||R296.2b||R55.5b||11.9x||13.7x||2.6x|
|Mon, 07 Feb 2022||R722.8b||R296.1b||R55.5b||12x||13x||2.4x|
|Wed, 05 Jan 2022||R693.6b||R296.1b||R55.5b||11.7x||12.5x||2.3x|
|Fri, 03 Dec 2021||R626.4b||R296.1b||R55.5b||10.7x||11.3x||2.1x|
|Sun, 31 Oct 2021||R617.6b||R296.1b||R55.5b||10.8x||11.1x||2.1x|
|Tue, 28 Sep 2021||R641.4b||R290.2b||R52.2b||11x||12.3x||2.2x|
|Thu, 26 Aug 2021||R669.0b||R289.9b||R52.0b||11.6x||12.9x||2.3x|
|Fri, 02 Jul 2021||R598.3b||R289.9b||R52.0b||10.2x||11.5x||2.1x|
|Mon, 05 Apr 2021||R539.7b||R275.9b||R41.0b||12.3x||13.2x||2x|
|Thu, 07 Jan 2021||R533.7b||R261.3b||R29.7b||16.9x||18x||2x|
|Wed, 30 Sep 2020||R417.8b||R265.8b||R34.5b||11.4x||12.1x||1.6x|
|Sat, 04 Jul 2020||R388.8b||R272.6b||R40.7b||10x||9.6x||1.4x|
|Tue, 07 Apr 2020||R370.9b||R289.8b||R55.0b||6.9x||6.7x||1.3x|
|Fri, 10 Jan 2020||R668.1b||R305.2b||R68.0b||8.6x||9.8x||2.2x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are relatively neutral on the South African Banks industry at the moment, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates to remain steady.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 11.8x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 2.1x is lower than the industry's current PS ratio of 2.8x.
Past Earnings Growth
- Both revenue and earnings for companies in the Banks industry have remained mostly flat over the last three years.
- This means that sales and the cost of doing business have remained relatively consistent over this period and subsequently, so have profits.
Which industries have driven the changes within the South African Financials industry?
|Regional Banks||0%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Diversified Banks industry, which is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 11.8x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 14.9%, which is lower than the prior year's growth of 48.1% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Diversified Banks industry, which is trading close to its 3-year average of 11.8x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Diversified Banks industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 15% over the next 5 years.
- However this is lower than its past earnings growth rate of 48% per year.
- In contrast, the Diversified Banks industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 15% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?