Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the South African IT Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Thu, 01 Dec 2022||R8.9b||R13.9b||-R479,866,169.00||12x||-18.6x||0.6x|
|Sat, 29 Oct 2022||R9.0b||R19.9b||-R593,519,169.00||10.7x||-15.2x||0.5x|
|Mon, 26 Sep 2022||R9.8b||R19.3b||-R653,723,047.00||11.2x||-15x||0.5x|
|Wed, 24 Aug 2022||R10.2b||R19.2b||-R165,623,047.00||12.5x||-61.4x||0.5x|
|Fri, 22 Jul 2022||R9.6b||R19.2b||-R165,623,047.00||13.2x||-58.1x||0.5x|
|Sun, 19 Jun 2022||R9.5b||R19.1b||-R178,226,281.00||13.8x||-53.5x||0.5x|
|Tue, 17 May 2022||R10.0b||R18.6b||-R79,462,281.00||12.7x||-126.4x||0.5x|
|Thu, 14 Apr 2022||R9.0b||R12.3b||R37.6m||13.4x||238.8x||0.7x|
|Sat, 12 Mar 2022||R8.8b||R12.3b||R37.6m||13.4x||235.2x||0.7x|
|Mon, 07 Feb 2022||R9.4b||R12.3b||R37.6m||14.2x||251.4x||0.8x|
|Wed, 05 Jan 2022||R9.5b||R13.0b||R91.6m||13.5x||103.6x||0.7x|
|Fri, 03 Dec 2021||R9.4b||R13.0b||R263.2m||13.5x||35.5x||0.7x|
|Sun, 31 Oct 2021||R9.3b||R12.8b||R215.7m||14.3x||43.1x||0.7x|
|Tue, 28 Sep 2021||R9.6b||R20.5b||-R379,333,682.00||10.3x||-25.2x||0.5x|
|Thu, 26 Aug 2021||R9.5b||R20.4b||-R520,490,344.07||10.5x||-18.2x||0.5x|
|Fri, 02 Jul 2021||R10.0b||R20.4b||-R520,490,344.07||10.7x||-19.2x||0.5x|
|Mon, 05 Apr 2021||R10.7b||R20.4b||-R520,490,344.07||10.5x||-20.6x||0.5x|
|Thu, 07 Jan 2021||R11.0b||R21.7b||-R716,169,230.07||10.5x||-15.4x||0.5x|
|Wed, 30 Sep 2020||R13.6b||R32.6b||-R844,159,334.59||10x||-16.1x||0.4x|
|Sat, 04 Jul 2020||R13.5b||R33.2b||-R2,002,440,605.59||9x||-6.7x||0.4x|
|Tue, 07 Apr 2020||R10.6b||R23.2b||-R2,490,024,552.90||6.8x||-4.3x||0.5x|
|Fri, 10 Jan 2020||R14.9b||R26.7b||-R2,676,799,798.96||7.6x||-5.6x||0.6x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are optimistic on the South African IT industry, and appear confident in long term growth rates.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 0.55x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the IT industry have improved over the last three years.
- Meanwhile revenues for these companies have declined 19% per year.
- This means that less sales are being generated overall, but since the cost of doing business is lower, losses have been shrinking.
Which industries have driven the changes within the South African Tech industry?
|Data Processing Services||5.97%|
|Internet Services and Infrastructure||0%|
|IT Consulting||-2.91%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Data Processing Services industry which is trading above its 3-year average PE ratio of 10.2x.
- It looks like they are confident that earnings will grow faster in the future than they have historically.
Forecasted GrowthThere is insufficient data on the sub-industries of this industry.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?