Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the Italian Insurance Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Fri, 01 Dec 2023||€41.0b||€116.6b||€5.7b||13.1x||7.2x||0.4x|
|Sun, 29 Oct 2023||€39.8b||€116.6b||€5.7b||13x||7x||0.3x|
|Tue, 26 Sep 2023||€41.9b||€116.8b||€5.7b||13.2x||7.3x||0.4x|
|Thu, 24 Aug 2023||€40.2b||€116.8b||€5.7b||13x||7x||0.3x|
|Sat, 22 Jul 2023||€41.1b||€110.0b||€4.2b||15.1x||9.9x||0.4x|
|Mon, 19 Jun 2023||€40.4b||€110.0b||€4.2b||15x||9.7x||0.4x|
|Wed, 17 May 2023||€41.1b||€110.0b||€4.2b||15.4x||9.8x||0.4x|
|Fri, 14 Apr 2023||€41.6b||€110.0b||€4.2b||15.4x||10x||0.4x|
|Sun, 12 Mar 2023||€40.7b||€115.7b||€4.0b||11.2x||10.2x||0.4x|
|Tue, 07 Feb 2023||€40.6b||€114.9b||€3.9b||11.7x||10.3x||0.4x|
|Thu, 05 Jan 2023||€39.0b||€114.9b||€3.9b||11.6x||9.9x||0.3x|
|Sat, 03 Dec 2022||€39.1b||€114.9b||€3.9b||11.7x||9.9x||0.3x|
|Mon, 31 Oct 2022||€46.4b||€145.9b||€5.7b||10x||8.1x||0.3x|
|Wed, 28 Sep 2022||€43.3b||€145.9b||€5.7b||9.5x||7.6x||0.3x|
|Fri, 26 Aug 2022||€45.3b||€145.9b||€5.7b||9.9x||7.9x||0.3x|
|Sun, 24 Jul 2022||€43.8b||€162.3b||€5.8b||8.4x||7.6x||0.3x|
|Tue, 21 Jun 2022||€48.3b||€162.3b||€5.8b||9.2x||8.3x||0.3x|
|Thu, 19 May 2022||€53.7b||€162.3b||€5.8b||9.9x||9.3x||0.3x|
|Sat, 16 Apr 2022||€56.2b||€163.0b||€5.7b||10.2x||9.8x||0.3x|
|Mon, 14 Mar 2022||€51.1b||€163.8b||€5.4b||10x||9.4x||0.3x|
|Wed, 09 Feb 2022||€55.2b||€163.2b||€5.5b||9.8x||10x||0.3x|
|Fri, 07 Jan 2022||€56.2b||€163.2b||€5.5b||10.1x||10.2x||0.3x|
|Sun, 05 Dec 2021||€54.7b||€163.2b||€5.5b||9.8x||9.9x||0.3x|
|Tue, 02 Nov 2021||€58.3b||€163.7b||€5.5b||10.5x||10.7x||0.4x|
|Thu, 30 Sep 2021||€56.6b||€163.7b||€5.5b||10.1x||10.3x||0.3x|
|Sat, 28 Aug 2021||€54.3b||€163.7b||€5.5b||10.4x||9.9x||0.3x|
|Sun, 04 Jul 2021||€52.9b||€163.7b||€5.5b||9.5x||9.7x||0.3x|
|Wed, 07 Apr 2021||€52.8b||€153.9b||€5.1b||10.5x||10.3x||0.3x|
|Sat, 09 Jan 2021||€43.3b||€144.0b||€4.6b||10.3x||9.3x||0.3x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the Italian Insurance industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 7.2x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 9.3x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 0.34x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Insurance industry have grown 7.9% per year over the last three years.
- Meanwhile revenues for these companies have declined 6.3% per year.
- This means that less sales are being generated overall, but since cost of doing business is lower, profits have been increasing.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Italian Financials industry?
|Property and Casualty Insurance||0.73%|
|Life and Health Insurance||0%|
- Investors are most optimistic about the Insurance Brokers industry which is trading above its 3-year average PE ratio of 29.3x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 13.9%, which is lower than the prior year's growth of 37.7% per year.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Life and Health Insurance industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 88% over the next 5 years.
- In contrast, the General Insurance industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 2.1% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?