Sector Valuation and Performance
Has the Italian Materials Sector valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Sun, 27 Nov 2022||€8.3b||€9.6b||€905.9m||7.9x||9.2x||0.9x|
|Tue, 25 Oct 2022||€7.5b||€9.4b||€882.5m||7x||8.5x||0.8x|
|Thu, 22 Sep 2022||€7.3b||€7.8b||€911.1m||10.6x||8x||0.9x|
|Sat, 20 Aug 2022||€8.0b||€8.9b||€891.8m||12.3x||9x||0.9x|
|Mon, 18 Jul 2022||€7.8b||€8.4b||€1.0b||11.7x||7.6x||0.9x|
|Wed, 15 Jun 2022||€7.8b||€8.4b||€1.0b||11.8x||7.7x||0.9x|
|Fri, 13 May 2022||€7.9b||€8.4b||€987.4m||12.7x||8x||1x|
|Sun, 10 Apr 2022||€7.7b||€8.3b||€930.4m||16x||8.3x||0.9x|
|Tue, 08 Mar 2022||€8.0b||€7.2b||€930.5m||13.7x||8.6x||1.1x|
|Thu, 03 Feb 2022||€9.7b||€7.2b||€930.1m||15.5x||10.4x||1.3x|
|Sat, 01 Jan 2022||€10.1b||€8.6b||€962.8m||15.9x||10.5x||1.2x|
|Mon, 29 Nov 2021||€10.0b||€8.6b||€962.8m||16.4x||10.4x||1.2x|
|Wed, 27 Oct 2021||€10.4b||€8.5b||€942.0m||16.6x||11x||1.2x|
|Fri, 24 Sep 2021||€10.4b||€8.5b||€934.9m||20.6x||11.2x||1.2x|
|Sun, 22 Aug 2021||€10.6b||€8.4b||€923.0m||20.6x||11.5x||1.3x|
|Fri, 09 Jul 2021||€10.3b||€8.4b||€923.0m||18.5x||11.2x||1.2x|
|Thu, 01 Apr 2021||€10.0b||€8.2b||€919.8m||14.8x||10.9x||1.2x|
|Sun, 03 Jan 2021||€8.5b||€8.1b||€903.3m||11.7x||9.5x||1.1x|
|Wed, 07 Oct 2020||€7.8b||€8.0b||€767.2m||14.7x||10.2x||1x|
|Tue, 30 Jun 2020||€7.5b||€7.9b||€686.4m||14.5x||10.9x||1x|
|Fri, 03 Apr 2020||€6.4b||€8.0b||€668.0m||11.7x||9.5x||0.8x|
|Mon, 06 Jan 2020||€8.3b||€8.0b||€637.4m||18.2x||13x||1x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the Italian Materials industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 9.2x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 10.2x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 1.0x is higher than the industry's current PS ratio of 0.87x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Materials industry have grown 9.9% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 6.8% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Italian Materials sector?
|Paper and Forestry Products||2.79%|
|Metals and Mining||-3.36%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Packaging industry, which is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 22.1x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 13.9%, which is higher than its past year's earnings decline of 7.3% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Paper and Forestry Products industry, which is trading below its 3-year average of 9.4x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Chemicals industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 46% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings growth rate of 8.9% per year.
- In contrast, the Paper and Forestry Products industry is expected to see its earnings decline by 19% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?