Sector Valuation and Performance
Has the Jamaican Telecom Sector valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Tue, 29 Nov 2022||JA$31.0b||JA$9.6b||JA$2.0b||21.3x||15.7x||3.2x|
|Thu, 27 Oct 2022||JA$31.5b||JA$9.8b||JA$2.0b||19.7x||15.9x||3.2x|
|Sat, 24 Sep 2022||JA$37.4b||JA$10.0b||JA$2.1b||18.9x||17.7x||3.8x|
|Mon, 22 Aug 2022||JA$34.4b||JA$9.3b||JA$1.9b||17.3x||18.2x||3.7x|
|Wed, 20 Jul 2022||JA$38.1b||JA$9.3b||JA$1.9b||20.5x||20.2x||4.1x|
|Fri, 17 Jun 2022||JA$33.4b||JA$9.0b||JA$1.8b||17.8x||18.3x||3.7x|
|Sun, 15 May 2022||JA$39.5b||JA$8.9b||JA$1.8b||22.4x||22.3x||4.5x|
|Tue, 12 Apr 2022||JA$42.6b||JA$8.8b||JA$1.8b||21.2x||23.7x||4.9x|
|Thu, 10 Mar 2022||JA$38.8b||JA$8.7b||JA$1.7b||19.5x||22.3x||4.4x|
|Sat, 05 Feb 2022||JA$42.7b||JA$8.7b||JA$1.7b||23.9x||24.5x||4.9x|
|Mon, 03 Jan 2022||JA$42.4b||JA$8.7b||JA$1.7b||21x||24.2x||4.9x|
|Wed, 01 Dec 2021||JA$40.4b||JA$8.6b||JA$1.7b||21.6x||23.2x||4.7x|
|Fri, 29 Oct 2021||JA$41.0b||JA$8.3b||JA$1.6b||20.6x||26.4x||4.9x|
|Sun, 26 Sep 2021||JA$46.6b||JA$8.3b||JA$1.6b||22.2x||30x||5.6x|
|Tue, 24 Aug 2021||JA$35.0b||JA$7.9b||JA$1.4b||19.5x||25.3x||4.5x|
|Wed, 30 Jun 2021||JA$37.1b||JA$7.9b||JA$1.4b||20.3x||26.9x||4.7x|
|Sat, 03 Apr 2021||JA$36.8b||JA$7.7b||JA$970.7m||20.4x||37.9x||4.8x|
|Tue, 05 Jan 2021||JA$39.5b||JA$8.0b||JA$791.6m||31.6x||50x||4.9x|
|Fri, 09 Oct 2020||JA$40.9b||JA$8.6b||JA$775.0m||27.8x||52.8x||4.7x|
|Thu, 02 Jul 2020||JA$30.9b||JA$9.4b||JA$937.7m||24.2x||32.9x||3.3x|
|Sun, 05 Apr 2020||JA$32.8b||JA$10.2b||JA$1.3b||19.7x||24.9x||3.2x|
|Wed, 08 Jan 2020||JA$21.7b||JA$10.0b||JA$1.3b||29.9x||17.2x||2.2x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the Jamaican Communication Services industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 15.7x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 29.4x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 4.1x is higher than the industry's current PS ratio of 3.2x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Communication Services industry have grown 22% per year over the last three years, while revenues have remained mostly flat.
- This means that companies overall are more efficiently conducting business since profits are increasing while sales have been flat.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Jamaican Telecom sector?
|Interactive Media and Services||0%|
|Telecom Services and Carriers||0%|
|Wireless Telecom||0%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Media industry even though it's trading below its 3-year average PE ratio of 47.2x.
- It looks like they are confident that earnings will grow faster in the future than they have historically.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Entertainment industry, which is trading below its 3-year average of 28.4x.
Forecasted GrowthThere is insufficient data on the sub-industries of this industry.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?