Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the Jamaican Food and Staples Retail Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Sun, 27 Nov 2022||JA$126.5b||JA$215.0b||JA$11.1b||16.8x||11.4x||0.6x|
|Tue, 25 Oct 2022||JA$137.0b||JA$208.6b||JA$11.5b||20.4x||11.9x||0.7x|
|Thu, 22 Sep 2022||JA$140.8b||JA$206.7b||JA$11.6b||20.7x||12.2x||0.7x|
|Sat, 20 Aug 2022||JA$144.3b||JA$205.2b||JA$11.5b||12.4x||12.5x||0.7x|
|Mon, 18 Jul 2022||JA$152.9b||JA$198.2b||JA$11.5b||13.2x||13.3x||0.8x|
|Wed, 15 Jun 2022||JA$158.3b||JA$197.7b||JA$11.4b||12.7x||13.9x||0.8x|
|Fri, 13 May 2022||JA$175.1b||JA$186.4b||JA$10.2b||25.8x||17.2x||0.9x|
|Sun, 10 Apr 2022||JA$162.3b||JA$185.4b||JA$10.1b||23.6x||16x||0.9x|
|Tue, 08 Mar 2022||JA$159.8b||JA$181.2b||JA$9.4b||23.4x||17x||0.9x|
|Thu, 03 Feb 2022||JA$161.9b||JA$181.3b||JA$9.4b||25x||17.2x||0.9x|
|Sat, 01 Jan 2022||JA$147.4b||JA$180.7b||JA$9.4b||17.7x||15.6x||0.8x|
|Mon, 29 Nov 2021||JA$141.3b||JA$180.9b||JA$9.4b||18x||15x||0.8x|
|Wed, 27 Oct 2021||JA$139.9b||JA$174.2b||JA$8.4b||15x||16.7x||0.8x|
|Fri, 24 Sep 2021||JA$134.5b||JA$171.6b||JA$7.6b||14.4x||17.7x||0.8x|
|Sun, 22 Aug 2021||JA$138.3b||JA$171.5b||JA$7.6b||14.7x||18.1x||0.8x|
|Fri, 09 Jul 2021||JA$134.9b||JA$171.5b||JA$7.6b||14.8x||17.7x||0.8x|
|Thu, 01 Apr 2021||JA$125.6b||JA$164.6b||JA$6.9b||16.9x||18.2x||0.8x|
|Sun, 03 Jan 2021||JA$92.8b||JA$163.5b||JA$6.5b||16x||14.2x||0.6x|
|Wed, 07 Oct 2020||JA$85.6b||JA$162.6b||JA$6.1b||16.8x||14x||0.5x|
|Tue, 30 Jun 2020||JA$84.5b||JA$160.6b||JA$5.9b||17.3x||14.3x||0.5x|
|Fri, 03 Apr 2020||JA$83.0b||JA$161.1b||JA$6.1b||15.3x||13.5x||0.5x|
|Mon, 06 Jan 2020||JA$106.7b||JA$157.3b||JA$5.6b||24.4x||18.9x||0.7x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the Jamaican Consumer Retailing industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 11.4x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 15.6x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 0.69x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Consumer Retailing industry have grown 22% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 12% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Jamaican Consumer Staples industry?
|Food and Staples Retail||-2.99%|
|Big Box Super Stores||0%|
|Drug Retail||-3.30%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Food Retail industry even though it's trading below its 3-year average PE ratio of 28.2x.
- It looks like they are confident that earnings will grow faster in the future than they have historically.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Food Distributors industry, which is trading below its 3-year average of 14.7x.
Forecasted GrowthThere is insufficient data on the sub-industries of this industry.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?