Sector Valuation and Performance
Has the Jamaican Consumer Discretionary Sector valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Thu, 08 Dec 2022||JA$148.5b||JA$96.9b||JA$8.1b||18.2x||18.3x||1.5x|
|Sat, 05 Nov 2022||JA$147.0b||JA$91.4b||JA$8.0b||20.6x||18.4x||1.6x|
|Mon, 03 Oct 2022||JA$150.2b||JA$89.5b||JA$7.9b||19x||19.1x||1.7x|
|Wed, 31 Aug 2022||JA$155.8b||JA$83.9b||JA$8.0b||20.3x||19.6x||1.9x|
|Fri, 29 Jul 2022||JA$166.7b||JA$83.8b||JA$7.9b||25.9x||21x||2x|
|Sun, 26 Jun 2022||JA$169.2b||JA$79.3b||JA$7.4b||22.8x||23x||2.1x|
|Tue, 24 May 2022||JA$163.8b||JA$75.3b||JA$7.4b||26.4x||22.2x||2.2x|
|Thu, 21 Apr 2022||JA$151.0b||JA$74.4b||JA$7.4b||27.7x||20.3x||2x|
|Sat, 19 Mar 2022||JA$129.5b||JA$71.4b||JA$7.2b||29.6x||17.9x||1.8x|
|Mon, 14 Feb 2022||JA$128.6b||JA$71.2b||JA$7.2b||21.8x||17.9x||1.8x|
|Wed, 12 Jan 2022||JA$112.6b||JA$71.2b||JA$7.2b||19.1x||15.7x||1.6x|
|Fri, 10 Dec 2021||JA$113.9b||JA$71.4b||JA$7.1b||19.4x||16x||1.6x|
|Sun, 07 Nov 2021||JA$111.0b||JA$69.8b||JA$6.7b||25.9x||16.5x||1.6x|
|Tue, 05 Oct 2021||JA$113.0b||JA$70.0b||JA$7.0b||26.9x||16.1x||1.6x|
|Thu, 02 Sep 2021||JA$106.2b||JA$68.9b||JA$7.0b||28.1x||15.1x||1.5x|
|Sat, 31 Jul 2021||JA$108.6b||JA$68.9b||JA$7.0b||27.8x||15.5x||1.6x|
|Tue, 04 May 2021||JA$102.0b||JA$57.7b||JA$5.9b||16.8x||17.3x||1.8x|
|Fri, 05 Feb 2021||JA$86.2b||JA$57.4b||JA$6.2b||14.3x||14x||1.5x|
|Mon, 09 Nov 2020||JA$83.2b||JA$58.5b||JA$5.6b||17.6x||14.8x||1.4x|
|Sun, 02 Aug 2020||JA$85.0b||JA$56.7b||JA$6.1b||15.8x||14x||1.5x|
|Wed, 06 May 2020||JA$82.1b||JA$60.4b||JA$7.2b||10.7x||11.4x||1.4x|
|Sat, 08 Feb 2020||JA$115.9b||JA$58.7b||JA$6.7b||18.5x||17.3x||2x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are relatively neutral on the Jamaican Consumer Discretionary industry at the moment, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates to remain steady.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 16.6x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 1.7x is higher than the industry's current PS ratio of 1.5x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Consumer Discretionary industry have grown 6.6% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 18% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Jamaican Consumer Discretionary sector?
|Online Retail and Ecommerce||0%|
|General Merchanise and Department Stores||0%|
|Consumer Services||-8.71%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Specialty Stores industry which is trading above its 3-year average PE ratio of 23.7x.
- It looks like they are confident that earnings will grow faster in the future than they have historically.
Forecasted GrowthThere is insufficient data on the sub-industries of this industry.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?