Sector Valuation and Performance
Has the Bangladeshi Utilities Sector valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Sun, 27 Nov 2022||৳269.6b||৳240.4b||৳16.6b||22.3x||16.2x||1.1x|
|Tue, 25 Oct 2022||৳269.3b||৳204.5b||৳24.4b||8.9x||11x||1.3x|
|Thu, 22 Sep 2022||৳280.8b||৳193.8b||৳24.5b||11.2x||11.5x||1.4x|
|Sat, 20 Aug 2022||৳271.5b||৳193.8b||৳24.5b||9.1x||11.1x||1.4x|
|Mon, 18 Jul 2022||৳290.9b||৳193.8b||৳24.5b||9.8x||11.9x||1.5x|
|Wed, 15 Jun 2022||৳289.8b||৳193.8b||৳24.5b||9.8x||11.8x||1.5x|
|Fri, 13 May 2022||৳299.9b||৳187.5b||৳25.0b||10.6x||12x||1.6x|
|Sun, 10 Apr 2022||৳296.0b||৳182.7b||৳25.0b||11.4x||11.8x||1.6x|
|Tue, 08 Mar 2022||৳289.3b||৳182.7b||৳25.0b||11.2x||11.6x||1.6x|
|Thu, 03 Feb 2022||৳311.7b||৳173.9b||৳24.0b||12.6x||13x||1.8x|
|Sat, 01 Jan 2022||৳292.9b||৳172.4b||৳24.4b||11.2x||12x||1.7x|
|Mon, 29 Nov 2021||৳296.6b||৳132.3b||৳13.5b||12.8x||22x||2.2x|
|Wed, 27 Oct 2021||৳340.4b||৳130.2b||৳13.3b||16.2x||25.7x||2.6x|
|Fri, 24 Sep 2021||৳349.3b||৳140.7b||৳20.2b||16.2x||17.3x||2.5x|
|Sun, 22 Aug 2021||৳338.7b||৳140.7b||৳20.2b||15.4x||16.8x||2.4x|
|Fri, 09 Jul 2021||৳298.4b||৳135.3b||৳19.7b||12.1x||15.1x||2.2x|
|Thu, 01 Apr 2021||৳290.6b||৳135.3b||৳19.7b||12.8x||14.7x||2.1x|
|Sun, 03 Jan 2021||৳284.1b||৳127.9b||৳19.0b||11.7x||15x||2.2x|
|Wed, 07 Oct 2020||৳300.6b||৳123.1b||৳18.8b||13.1x||16x||2.4x|
|Tue, 30 Jun 2020||৳241.6b||৳117.3b||৳19.3b||10.9x||12.5x||2.1x|
|Fri, 03 Apr 2020||৳240.2b||৳119.8b||৳20.4b||14.9x||11.8x||2x|
|Mon, 06 Jan 2020||৳247.9b||৳119.1b||৳21.7b||12x||11.4x||2.1x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are optimistic on the Bangladeshi Utilities industry, and appear confident in long term growth rates.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 16.2x which is higher than its 3-year average PE of 14.2x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 2.0x is higher than the industry's current PS ratio of 1.1x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Utilities industry have declined 6.8% per year over the last three years.
- Meanwhile revenues for these companies have grown 26% per year.
- This means that although more sales are being generated, either the cost of doing business or the level of investment back into businesses has increased, which has decreased profits.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Bangladeshi Utilities sector?
|Renewable Energy||0%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Electric Utilities industry which is trading above its 3-year average PE ratio of 12.4x.
- It looks like they are confident that earnings will grow faster in the future than they have historically.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Renewable Energy industry, which is trading close to its 3-year average of 14.8x.
Forecasted GrowthThere is insufficient data on the sub-industries of this industry.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?
|No data available|