Sector Valuation and Performance
Has the Bangladeshi Telecom Sector valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Sat, 02 Dec 2023||৳594.7b||৳262.0b||৳37.2b||24.2x||16x||2.3x|
|Mon, 30 Oct 2023||৳596.3b||৳262.0b||৳37.3b||22.6x||16x||2.3x|
|Wed, 27 Sep 2023||৳597.4b||৳256.1b||৳38.2b||24.9x||15.6x||2.3x|
|Fri, 25 Aug 2023||৳597.1b||৳256.1b||৳38.2b||23.1x||15.6x||2.3x|
|Sun, 23 Jul 2023||৳599.4b||৳251.7b||৳37.8b||25.1x||15.8x||2.4x|
|Tue, 20 Jun 2023||৳598.2b||৳249.6b||৳35.1b||25.5x||17x||2.4x|
|Thu, 18 May 2023||৳599.3b||৳249.6b||৳35.1b||26.5x||17.1x||2.4x|
|Sat, 15 Apr 2023||৳599.0b||৳245.0b||৳35.3b||26x||17x||2.4x|
|Mon, 13 Mar 2023||৳600.4b||৳242.9b||৳34.2b||25.3x||17.6x||2.5x|
|Wed, 08 Feb 2023||৳597.2b||৳242.9b||৳34.1b||29.8x||17.5x||2.5x|
|Fri, 06 Jan 2023||৳595.9b||৳241.4b||৳38.4b||23.9x||15.5x||2.5x|
|Sun, 04 Dec 2022||৳595.6b||৳241.4b||৳38.4b||24.5x||15.5x||2.5x|
|Tue, 01 Nov 2022||৳596.5b||৳239.4b||৳38.7b||26.2x||15.4x||2.5x|
|Thu, 29 Sep 2022||৳596.1b||৳236.8b||৳38.2b||29.2x||15.6x||2.5x|
|Sat, 27 Aug 2022||৳593.2b||৳236.8b||৳38.2b||23.6x||15.5x||2.5x|
|Mon, 25 Jul 2022||৳599.2b||৳236.0b||৳38.7b||23.2x||15.5x||2.5x|
|Wed, 22 Jun 2022||৳606.7b||৳234.0b||৳38.1b||23.8x||15.9x||2.6x|
|Fri, 20 May 2022||৳610.3b||৳234.0b||৳38.1b||23.8x||16x||2.6x|
|Sun, 17 Apr 2022||৳643.8b||৳231.8b||৳38.7b||25.5x||16.7x||2.8x|
|Tue, 15 Mar 2022||৳683.2b||৳230.6b||৳38.9b||29.1x||17.5x||3x|
|Thu, 10 Feb 2022||৳735.3b||৳230.6b||৳38.9b||23.7x||18.9x||3.2x|
|Sat, 08 Jan 2022||৳723.0b||৳228.8b||৳40.9b||24.6x||17.7x||3.2x|
|Mon, 06 Dec 2021||৳737.6b||৳228.7b||৳40.8b||28.3x||18.1x||3.2x|
|Wed, 03 Nov 2021||৳730.2b||৳227.0b||৳40.2b||n/a||18.2x||3.2x|
|Fri, 01 Oct 2021||৳778.7b||৳226.0b||৳40.2b||27.3x||19.4x||3.4x|
|Sun, 29 Aug 2021||৳750.7b||৳226.0b||৳40.2b||23.1x||18.7x||3.3x|
|Mon, 05 Jul 2021||৳740.3b||৳226.0b||৳40.2b||21.2x||18.4x||3.3x|
|Thu, 08 Apr 2021||৳711.1b||৳220.6b||৳39.1b||17.4x||18.2x||3.2x|
|Sun, 10 Jan 2021||৳663.1b||৳221.5b||৳40.5b||22.9x||16.4x||3x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are relatively neutral on the Bangladeshi Communication Services industry at the moment, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates to remain steady.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 17.1x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 2.8x is higher than the industry's current PS ratio of 2.3x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Communication Services industry have remained mostly flat over the last three years.
- Meanwhile revenues for these companies have grown 21% per year.
- This means that although more sales are being generated, either the cost of doing business or the level of investment back into businesses has increased and as a result, profits have held steady.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Bangladeshi Telecom sector?
|Telecom Services and Carriers||1.72%|
|Interactive Media and Services||0%|
|Wireless Telecom||0%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Wireless Telecom industry, which is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 17.1x.
- It looks like they are confident that earnings will grow faster in the future than they have historically.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Telecom Services and Carriers industry, which is trading below its 3-year average of 17.9x.
Forecasted GrowthThere is insufficient data on the sub-industries of this industry.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?