Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the Spanish Banks Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Thu, 01 Dec 2022||€122.4b||€79.9b||€18.2b||6.6x||6.7x||1.5x|
|Sat, 29 Oct 2022||€113.7b||€79.3b||€19.1b||5.8x||5.9x||1.4x|
|Mon, 26 Sep 2022||€110.5b||€78.1b||€18.7b||6.4x||5.9x||1.4x|
|Wed, 24 Aug 2022||€102.6b||€78.1b||€18.7b||5.7x||5.5x||1.3x|
|Fri, 22 Jul 2022||€101.6b||€75.6b||€16.2b||6.1x||6.3x||1.3x|
|Sun, 19 Jun 2022||€110.3b||€75.6b||€16.2b||6.8x||6.8x||1.5x|
|Tue, 17 May 2022||€110.7b||€75.5b||€16.1b||6.9x||6.9x||1.5x|
|Thu, 14 Apr 2022||€121.4b||€73.3b||€18.5b||7.5x||6.6x||1.7x|
|Sat, 12 Mar 2022||€115.5b||€73.3b||€18.5b||7.3x||6.2x||1.6x|
|Mon, 07 Feb 2022||€131.6b||€72.8b||€19.9b||7.7x||6.6x||1.8x|
|Wed, 05 Jan 2022||€117.6b||€72.6b||€16.7b||7.8x||7x||1.6x|
|Fri, 03 Dec 2021||€107.5b||€71.2b||€16.4b||8.6x||6.5x||1.5x|
|Sun, 31 Oct 2021||€127.4b||€69.5b||€14.5b||12x||8.8x||1.8x|
|Tue, 28 Sep 2021||€127.2b||€68.3b||€14.0b||11.6x||9.1x||1.9x|
|Thu, 26 Aug 2021||€123.1b||€68.3b||€14.0b||11.2x||8.8x||1.8x|
|Fri, 02 Jul 2021||€119.8b||€68.3b||€14.0b||10.8x||8.5x||1.8x|
|Mon, 05 Apr 2021||€110.1b||€63.2b||€1.3b||14.5x||86.4x||1.7x|
|Thu, 07 Jan 2021||€90.4b||€60.7b||-€5,283,084,000.00||13x||-17.1x||1.5x|
|Wed, 30 Sep 2020||€59.2b||€62.1b||-€2,866,895,000.00||11.2x||-20.6x||1x|
|Sat, 04 Jul 2020||€74.1b||€64.1b||-€3,760,934,000.00||8.7x||-19.7x||1.2x|
|Tue, 07 Apr 2020||€72.9b||€70.2b||€9.9b||6.7x||7.4x||1x|
|Fri, 10 Jan 2020||€125.0b||€74.3b||€12.6b||9.9x||9.9x||1.7x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the Spanish Banks industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 6.7x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 7.6x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 1.5x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Banks industry have grown 12% per year over the last three years, while revenues have remained mostly flat.
- This means that companies overall are more efficiently conducting business since profits are increasing while sales have been flat.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Spanish Financials industry?
|Regional Banks||0%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Diversified Banks industry even though it's trading below its 3-year average PE ratio of 7.6x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 3.0%, which is lower than the prior year's growth of 46.3% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Diversified Banks industry, which is trading below its 3-year average of 7.6x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Diversified Banks industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 3.0% over the next 5 years.
- In contrast, the Diversified Banks industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 3.0% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?