Sector Valuation and Performance
Has the New Zealand Financials Sector valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Sun, 27 Nov 2022||NZ$2.0b||NZ$392.7m||NZ$134.4m||13.6x||14.8x||5.1x|
|Tue, 25 Oct 2022||NZ$1.9b||NZ$739.3m||NZ$127.8m||13x||14.8x||2.6x|
|Thu, 22 Sep 2022||NZ$1.9b||NZ$739.3m||NZ$127.8m||13.2x||15.2x||2.6x|
|Sat, 20 Aug 2022||NZ$2.2b||NZ$769.4m||NZ$169.4m||16.7x||13.1x||2.9x|
|Mon, 18 Jul 2022||NZ$2.1b||NZ$769.3m||NZ$169.4m||15.8x||12.4x||2.7x|
|Wed, 15 Jun 2022||NZ$2.0b||NZ$769.3m||NZ$169.0m||15.6x||12.1x||2.7x|
|Fri, 13 May 2022||NZ$2.3b||NZ$759.1m||NZ$177.7m||14.3x||12.7x||3x|
|Sun, 10 Apr 2022||NZ$2.4b||NZ$759.1m||NZ$177.7m||14.9x||13.4x||3.1x|
|Tue, 08 Mar 2022||NZ$2.3b||NZ$759.1m||NZ$177.7m||15.1x||13.1x||3.1x|
|Thu, 03 Feb 2022||NZ$2.5b||NZ$778.6m||NZ$197.6m||16.3x||12.7x||3.2x|
|Sat, 01 Jan 2022||NZ$2.7b||NZ$778.6m||NZ$197.6m||16.8x||13.4x||3.4x|
|Mon, 29 Nov 2021||NZ$2.5b||NZ$772.9m||NZ$197.3m||15.5x||12.6x||3.2x|
|Wed, 27 Oct 2021||NZ$2.5b||NZ$764.9m||NZ$187.6m||23x||13.3x||3.3x|
|Fri, 24 Sep 2021||NZ$2.5b||NZ$764.9m||NZ$187.6m||22.8x||13.2x||3.2x|
|Sun, 22 Aug 2021||NZ$2.4b||NZ$764.9m||NZ$187.6m||23.5x||13x||3.2x|
|Fri, 09 Jul 2021||NZ$2.4b||NZ$764.9m||NZ$187.6m||24.3x||13x||3.2x|
|Thu, 01 Apr 2021||NZ$2.3b||NZ$736.6m||NZ$166.3m||23.6x||13.6x||3.1x|
|Sun, 03 Jan 2021||NZ$2.1b||NZ$703.2m||NZ$146.1m||20.7x||14.4x||3x|
|Wed, 07 Oct 2020||NZ$1.7b||NZ$682.8m||NZ$137.4m||15.6x||12.1x||2.4x|
|Tue, 30 Jun 2020||NZ$1.6b||NZ$661.7m||NZ$131.4m||13.4x||12x||2.4x|
|Fri, 03 Apr 2020||NZ$1.3b||NZ$661.0m||NZ$143.5m||10.3x||9.1x||2x|
|Mon, 06 Jan 2020||NZ$2.0b||NZ$655.7m||NZ$150.7m||15.2x||13x||3x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are optimistic on the New Zealander Financials industry, and appear confident in long term growth rates.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 14.8x which is higher than its 3-year average PE of 13.1x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 2.9x is lower than the industry's current PS ratio of 5.1x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Financials industry have remained mostly flat over the last three years.
- Meanwhile revenues for these companies have declined 14% per year.
- This means that the cost of doing business could be reducing since sales have declined but profits have remained steady.
Which industries have driven the changes within the New Zealand Financials sector?
|Mortgage Finance||-6.01%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Capital Markets industry which is trading above its 3-year average PE ratio of 12.8x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 11.0%, which is higher than its past year's earnings decline of 8.5% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Consumer Finance industry, which is trading below its 3-year average of 7.7x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Insurance industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 16% over the next 5 years.
- However this is lower than its past earnings growth rate of 30% per year.
- In contrast, the Banks industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 8.5% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?