Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the Kenyan Insurance Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Tue, 29 Nov 2022||KSh42.4b||KSh141.9b||KSh9.1b||7.3x||4.7x||0.3x|
|Thu, 27 Oct 2022||KSh46.7b||KSh142.0b||KSh9.4b||7.4x||5x||0.3x|
|Sat, 24 Sep 2022||KSh49.6b||KSh142.0b||KSh9.4b||7.7x||5.3x||0.3x|
|Mon, 22 Aug 2022||KSh50.7b||KSh143.5b||KSh10.2b||14.8x||5x||0.4x|
|Wed, 20 Jul 2022||KSh48.9b||KSh142.4b||KSh9.9b||15x||4.9x||0.3x|
|Fri, 17 Jun 2022||KSh48.8b||KSh139.0b||KSh10.2b||13.7x||4.8x||0.4x|
|Sun, 15 May 2022||KSh53.1b||KSh140.2b||KSh10.8b||4.6x||4.9x||0.4x|
|Tue, 12 Apr 2022||KSh53.1b||KSh131.8b||-KSh30,566,000.00||4.1x||-1736x||0.4x|
|Thu, 10 Mar 2022||KSh54.6b||KSh131.8b||-KSh30,566,000.00||4.3x||-1785.6x||0.4x|
|Sat, 05 Feb 2022||KSh56.8b||KSh131.8b||-KSh30,566,000.00||4.5x||-1856.9x||0.4x|
|Mon, 03 Jan 2022||KSh59.5b||KSh113.5b||KSh642.0m||3.6x||92.7x||0.5x|
|Wed, 01 Dec 2021||KSh60.4b||KSh130.2b||KSh607.2m||3.9x||99.4x||0.5x|
|Fri, 29 Oct 2021||KSh64.0b||KSh130.2b||KSh607.2m||4x||105.4x||0.5x|
|Sun, 26 Sep 2021||KSh67.3b||KSh130.2b||KSh607.2m||4.2x||110.9x||0.5x|
|Tue, 24 Aug 2021||KSh67.2b||KSh130.3b||KSh1.1b||3.9x||63x||0.5x|
|Wed, 30 Jun 2021||KSh62.3b||KSh130.3b||KSh1.1b||3.8x||58.4x||0.5x|
|Sat, 03 Apr 2021||KSh55.6b||KSh128.4b||-KSh270,932,000.00||3.6x||-205.1x||0.4x|
|Tue, 05 Jan 2021||KSh57.0b||KSh126.4b||-KSh1,608,748,000.00||5x||-35.4x||0.5x|
|Fri, 09 Oct 2020||KSh54.6b||KSh124.0b||KSh3.5b||4.3x||15.4x||0.4x|
|Thu, 02 Jul 2020||KSh55.0b||KSh123.7b||KSh8.7b||5.5x||6.3x||0.4x|
|Sun, 05 Apr 2020||KSh54.8b||KSh125.4b||KSh10.7b||6.7x||5.1x||0.4x|
|Wed, 08 Jan 2020||KSh71.7b||KSh127.8b||KSh12.6b||7.5x||5.7x||0.6x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the Kenyan Insurance industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 4.7x which is higher than its 3-year average PE of -155x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 0.44x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Insurance industry have remained mostly flat over the last three years.
- Meanwhile revenues for these companies have grown 6.5% per year.
- This means that although more sales are being generated, either the cost of doing business or the level of investment back into businesses has increased and as a result, profits have held steady.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Kenyan Financials industry?
|Life and Health Insurance||5.65%|
|Property and Casualty Insurance||0%|
|General Insurance||-1.85%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the General Insurance industry even though it's trading below its 3-year average PE ratio of 12.1x.
- It looks like they are confident that earnings will grow faster in the future than they have historically.
Forecasted GrowthThere is insufficient data on the sub-industries of this industry.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?