Sector Valuation and Performance
Has the Belgian Financials Sector valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Sat, 03 Dec 2022||€67.9b||€37.0b||€7.8b||8x||8.7x||1.8x|
|Mon, 31 Oct 2022||€63.9b||€37.1b||€8.0b||7.5x||8x||1.7x|
|Wed, 28 Sep 2022||€63.4b||€37.9b||€8.0b||7.5x||7.9x||1.7x|
|Fri, 26 Aug 2022||€70.8b||€39.6b||€10.7b||7.8x||6.6x||1.8x|
|Sun, 24 Jul 2022||€72.7b||€41.5b||€10.9b||7.9x||6.7x||1.8x|
|Tue, 21 Jun 2022||€75.0b||€41.5b||€10.9b||8.1x||6.9x||1.8x|
|Thu, 19 May 2022||€83.9b||€42.7b||€11.0b||8x||7.7x||2x|
|Sat, 16 Apr 2022||€88.7b||€42.7b||€11.7b||8.6x||7.6x||2.1x|
|Mon, 14 Mar 2022||€84.7b||€42.5b||€11.8b||7.8x||7.2x||2x|
|Wed, 09 Feb 2022||€92.3b||€42.2b||€11.6b||6.7x||7.9x||2.2x|
|Fri, 07 Jan 2022||€96.7b||€42.2b||€11.4b||6.7x||8.5x||2.3x|
|Sun, 05 Dec 2021||€92.9b||€42.2b||€11.4b||6.2x||8.2x||2.2x|
|Tue, 02 Nov 2021||€103.2b||€45.1b||€11.8b||7.5x||8.7x||2.3x|
|Thu, 30 Sep 2021||€93.2b||€45.7b||€11.8b||6.8x||7.9x||2x|
|Sat, 28 Aug 2021||€92.7b||€45.6b||€11.8b||7.2x||7.9x||2x|
|Sun, 04 Jul 2021||€89.0b||€45.6b||€11.8b||6.8x||7.5x||1.9x|
|Wed, 07 Apr 2021||€89.8b||€43.4b||€9.9b||11.1x||9x||2.1x|
|Sat, 09 Jan 2021||€78.2b||€39.0b||€7.4b||15.8x||10.6x||2x|
|Fri, 02 Oct 2020||€66.9b||€38.3b||€7.2b||10.6x||9.3x||1.7x|
|Mon, 06 Jul 2020||€71.8b||€38.1b||€7.0b||13.5x||10.3x||1.9x|
|Thu, 09 Apr 2020||€70.5b||€39.8b||€8.2b||8x||8.6x||1.8x|
|Wed, 01 Jan 2020||€88.2b||€43.8b||€9.5b||10.3x||9.3x||2x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are relatively neutral on the Belgian Financials industry at the moment, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates to remain steady.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 8.6x.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 2.0x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Financials industry have declined 2.8% per year over the last three years,
- Revenues have also declined 4.7% per year.
- This means overall sales from these companies are declining and profits are subsequently falling as well.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Belgian Financials sector?
|Capital Markets||-2.31%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Capital Markets industry even though it's trading below its 3-year average PE ratio of 15.0x.
- It looks like they are confident that earnings will grow faster in the future than they have historically.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Diversified Financial industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 63% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings decline of 37% per year.
- In contrast, the Insurance industry is expected to see its earnings growth to stay flat over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?