Industry Valuation and Performance
Has the Nigerian Chemicals Industry valuation changed over the past few years?
|Sun, 22 May 2022||₦124.8b||₦49.5b||-₦907,446,000.00||11.7x|
|Tue, 19 Apr 2022||₦122.8b||₦46.1b||-₦1,351,750,000.00||14.7x|
|Thu, 17 Mar 2022||₦121.6b||₦47.2b||-₦12,158,706,000.00||10.9x|
|Sat, 12 Feb 2022||₦122.8b||₦45.3b||-₦14,642,746,800.00||11.5x|
|Mon, 10 Jan 2022||₦122.8b||₦38.4b||-₦17,487,272,000.00||11.3x|
|Wed, 08 Dec 2021||₦122.5b||₦38.4b||-₦17,487,272,000.00||11.3x|
|Fri, 05 Nov 2021||₦125.4b||₦40.2b||-₦17,729,869,000.00||12.2x|
|Sun, 03 Oct 2021||₦125.8b||₦32.2b||-₦11,582,963,000.00||13.7x|
|Tue, 31 Aug 2021||₦124.0b||₦32.2b||-₦11,582,963,000.00||12.9x|
|Wed, 07 Jul 2021||₦122.4b||₦32.2b||-₦11,582,963,000.00||11.3x|
|Sat, 10 Apr 2021||₦126.4b||₦29.4b||-₦7,486,932,000.00||15.6x|
|Fri, 01 Jan 2021||₦123.1b||₦32.7b||-₦8,994,888,000.00||12.5x|
|Mon, 05 Oct 2020||₦118.4b||₦37.1b||-₦4,630,124,000.00||7.6x|
|Thu, 09 Jul 2020||₦121.1b||₦40.2b||-₦4,778,001,000.00||7.8x|
|Wed, 01 Apr 2020||₦122.6b||₦40.8b||-₦6,591,999,000.00||4.4x|
|Sat, 04 Jan 2020||₦123.8b||₦44.1b||-₦4,597,093,000.00||10.1x|
|Tue, 08 Oct 2019||₦125.4b||₦39.9b||-₦2,823,967,000.00||8.8x|
|Mon, 01 Jul 2019||₦126.0b||₦40.7b||-₦1,863,306,000.00||5.9x|Median PE Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are relatively neutral on the industry at the moment, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates to remain steady.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 10.0x.
Past Earnings Growth
- Total earnings for the Chemicals industry have declined over the last three years, with the industry now making a loss overall.
- Meanwhile revenues have grown 5.1% per year.
- This means that although more sales are being generated, either the cost of doing business or the level of investment back into businesses has increased, which has decreased profits.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Nigerian Materials industry?
|Fertilizers and Agricultural Chemicals||0%|
|Specialty Chemicals||-4.11%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Commodity Chemicals industry which is trading above its 3-year average PE ratio of 7.8x.
- It looks like they are confident that earnings will grow faster in the future than they have historically.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Industrial Gases industry, which is trading below its 3-year average of 10.7x.
Forecasted GrowthThere is insufficient data on the sub-industries of this industry.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?