Sector Valuation and Performance
Has the Finnish Materials Sector valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Fri, 27 Jan 2023||€40.8b||€43.4b||€4.8b||7.2x||8.6x||0.9x|
|Sun, 25 Dec 2022||€40.9b||€43.1b||€4.7b||7.5x||8.7x||0.9x|
|Tue, 22 Nov 2022||€40.5b||€43.1b||€4.7b||7x||8.5x||0.9x|
|Thu, 20 Oct 2022||€39.9b||€40.8b||€4.5b||8.2x||9x||1x|
|Sat, 17 Sep 2022||€40.5b||€40.8b||€4.5b||8x||9.1x||1x|
|Mon, 15 Aug 2022||€42.0b||€40.8b||€4.4b||14.7x||9.5x||1x|
|Wed, 13 Jul 2022||€38.4b||€38.5b||€4.0b||13.1x||9.6x||1x|
|Fri, 10 Jun 2022||€42.5b||€38.5b||€4.0b||14.7x||10.7x||1.1x|
|Sun, 08 May 2022||€42.4b||€38.5b||€4.0b||14.1x||10.6x||1.1x|
|Tue, 05 Apr 2022||€41.2b||€36.1b||€3.7b||12.4x||11.2x||1.1x|
|Thu, 03 Mar 2022||€39.2b||€36.1b||€3.7b||12.4x||10.6x||1.1x|
|Sat, 29 Jan 2022||€42.9b||€34.6b||€3.1b||14.5x||14x||1.2x|
|Mon, 27 Dec 2021||€41.9b||€33.8b||€2.9b||14.8x||14.3x||1.2x|
|Wed, 24 Nov 2021||€41.2b||€33.8b||€2.9b||14.3x||14.1x||1.2x|
|Fri, 22 Oct 2021||€39.1b||€32.5b||€2.2b||19x||17.4x||1.2x|
|Sun, 19 Sep 2021||€41.4b||€31.9b||€2.0b||20.6x||20.4x||1.3x|
|Tue, 17 Aug 2021||€44.6b||€31.9b||€2.0b||21.5x||21.9x||1.4x|
|Tue, 01 Jun 2021||€39.8b||€30.5b||€1.6b||18.9x||24.2x||1.3x|
|Fri, 05 Mar 2021||€40.7b||€30.5b||€1.5b||20.6x||26.7x||1.3x|
|Mon, 07 Dec 2020||€36.0b||€31.1b||€1.9b||17.7x||18.8x||1.2x|
|Thu, 10 Sep 2020||€32.8b||€32.4b||€2.1b||15.8x||15.7x||1x|
|Wed, 03 Jun 2020||€31.9b||€33.9b||€2.2b||16.8x||14.8x||0.9x|
|Sat, 07 Mar 2020||€32.3b||€34.8b||€2.3b||13.9x||14x||0.9x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the Finnish Materials industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 8.5x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 15.7x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 1.1x is higher than the industry's current PS ratio of 0.93x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Materials industry have grown 27% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 7.7% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Finnish Materials sector?
|Metals and Mining||0.97%|
|Paper and Forestry Products||0.92%|
- Investors are most optimistic about the Chemicals industry, which is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 15.6x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 0.2%, which is lower than the prior year's growth of 24.6% per year.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Basic Materials industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 6.8% over the next 5 years.
- In contrast, the Metals and Mining industry is expected to see its earnings decline by 61% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?