Header cover image

Finnish (OMX) Food Industry Analysis

UpdatedFeb 24, 2024
DataAggregated Company Financials
  • 7D-2.0%
  • 3M-1.4%
  • 1Y-15.8%
  • YTD-5.7%

Over the last 7 days, the Food industry has dropped 2.0%, driven by Atria Oyj declining 5.0%. Overall the industry is down 16% in 12 months. Looking forward, earnings are forecast to grow by 21% annually.

Industry Valuation and Performance

Has the Finnish Food Industry valuation changed over the past few years?

DateMarket CapRevenueEarningsPEAbsolute PEPS
Sat, 24 Feb 2024€791.6m€3.4b-€19,032,564.0017.3x-41.6x0.2x
Mon, 22 Jan 2024€828.1m€4.1b-€4,708,427.0016.8x-175.9x0.2x
Wed, 20 Dec 2023€793.8m€4.1b-€4,708,427.0016.1x-168.6x0.2x
Fri, 17 Nov 2023€808.7m€4.1b-€4,708,427.0016.8x-171.8x0.2x
Sun, 15 Oct 2023€832.8m€4.1b-€4,808,427.0018.2x-173.2x0.2x
Tue, 12 Sep 2023€833.2m€4.1b-€4,808,427.0019x-173.3x0.2x
Thu, 10 Aug 2023€800.3m€4.1b-€10,390,427.0024.7x-77x0.2x
Sat, 08 Jul 2023€819.2m€4.1b-€490,427.0025x-1670.3x0.2x
Mon, 05 Jun 2023€844.1m€4.1b-€490,427.0023.8x-1721.2x0.2x
Wed, 03 May 2023€868.6m€4.0b-€3,990,427.0028.9x-217.7x0.2x
Fri, 31 Mar 2023€913.4m€4.0b-€7,890,427.0031.5x-115.8x0.2x
Sun, 26 Feb 2023€915.2m€4.0b-€7,876,564.0032.2x-116.2x0.2x
Tue, 24 Jan 2023€850.7m€4.2b€13.5m24.4x63.1x0.2x
Thu, 22 Dec 2022€855.6m€4.2b€13.5m25.6x63.5x0.2x
Sat, 19 Nov 2022€803.8m€4.1b€18.1m21.1x44.5x0.2x
Mon, 17 Oct 2022€778.1m€4.1b€20.5m23.1x38x0.2x
Wed, 14 Sep 2022€838.0m€4.1b€32.7m23.8x25.6x0.2x
Fri, 12 Aug 2022€877.3m€4.1b€32.7m26.1x26.9x0.2x
Sun, 10 Jul 2022€825.1m€4.0b-€5,347,344.0031x-154.3x0.2x
Tue, 07 Jun 2022€850.4m€4.0b-€5,347,344.0030.4x-159x0.2x
Thu, 05 May 2022€920.2m€3.9b€9.6m32.4x96.3x0.2x
Sat, 02 Apr 2022€1.0b€3.9b€10.9m33.5x95.8x0.3x
Mon, 28 Feb 2022€1.1b€3.9b€10.5m31.1x102.4x0.3x
Wed, 26 Jan 2022€1.1b€3.9b€18.6m37.6x61.7x0.3x
Fri, 24 Dec 2021€1.2b€3.9b€18.6m37x62.3x0.3x
Sun, 21 Nov 2021€1.3b€3.9b€18.6m41.2x67.5x0.3x
Tue, 19 Oct 2021€1.2b€3.9b€19.9m43.4x61x0.3x
Thu, 16 Sep 2021€1.2b€3.9b€19.9m43.4x60.4x0.3x
Sat, 14 Aug 2021€1.3b€3.9b€19.9m46.2x65.3x0.3x
Wed, 09 Jun 2021€1.4b€3.8b€57.2m27.2x23.9x0.4x
Tue, 02 Mar 2021€1.2b€3.8b€49.2m24.5x25.1x0.3x
Price to Earnings Ratio


Total Market Cap: €1.2bTotal Earnings: €49.2mTotal Revenue: €3.8bTotal Market Cap vs Earnings and Revenue0%0%0%
Finnish Food Industry Price to Earnings3Y Average -165.3x202220232024
Current Industry PE
  • Investors are relatively neutral on the Finnish Food industry at the moment, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates to remain steady.
  • The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PS ratio of 0.25x.
Past Earnings Growth
  • Total earnings for the Food industry have declined over the last three years, with the industry now making a loss overall.
  • Revenues have also declined 4.3% per year, which is driving profits down.

Industry Trends

Which industries have driven the changes within the Finnish Consumer Staples industry?

FI Market-0.78%
Consumer Staples-1.42%
Agricultural Products0%
Packaged Foods and Meats-1.99%
Industry PE
    Forecasted Growth
    • Analysts are most optimistic on the Packaged Foods and Meats industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 21% over the next 5 years.
    • However this is lower than its past earnings growth rate of 203% per year.
    • In contrast, the Packaged Foods and Meats industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 21% per year over the next few years.

    Top Stock Gainers and Losers

    Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?

    CompanyLast Price7D1YValuation
    RAIVV Raisio€1.920.5%
    FIFAX FIFAX Abp€0.200.3%
    Simply Wall Street Pty Ltd (ACN 600 056 611), is a Corporate Authorised Representative (Authorised Representative Number: 467183) of Sanlam Private Wealth Pty Ltd (AFSL No. 337927). Any advice contained in this website is general advice only and has been prepared without considering your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should not rely on any advice and/or information contained in this website and before making any investment decision we recommend that you consider whether it is appropriate for your situation and seek appropriate financial, taxation and legal advice. Please read our Financial Services Guide before deciding whether to obtain financial services from us.