Sector Valuation and Performance
Has the Colombian Utilities Sector valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Sun, 27 Nov 2022||Col$53.2t||Col$34.1t||Col$7.1t||7.3x||7.5x||1.6x|
|Tue, 25 Oct 2022||Col$52.4t||Col$32.9t||Col$6.6t||7.3x||7.9x||1.6x|
|Thu, 22 Sep 2022||Col$51.8t||Col$32.6t||Col$6.5t||7.9x||8x||1.6x|
|Sat, 20 Aug 2022||Col$58.2t||Col$32.2t||Col$6.6t||8.6x||8.8x||1.8x|
|Mon, 18 Jul 2022||Col$58.8t||Col$31.5t||Col$6.5t||8.6x||9.1x||1.9x|
|Wed, 15 Jun 2022||Col$62.2t||Col$31.5t||Col$6.5t||8.6x||9.6x||2x|
|Fri, 13 May 2022||Col$64.3t||Col$30.5t||Col$6.3t||8.8x||10.3x||2.1x|
|Sun, 10 Apr 2022||Col$69.1t||Col$29.9t||Col$6.2t||9x||11.2x||2.3x|
|Tue, 08 Mar 2022||Col$68.2t||Col$29.2t||Col$6.6t||9.8x||10.4x||2.3x|
|Thu, 03 Feb 2022||Col$69.4t||Col$28.9t||Col$6.5t||9.8x||10.7x||2.4x|
|Sat, 01 Jan 2022||Col$67.7t||Col$28.9t||Col$6.5t||9.8x||10.4x||2.3x|
|Mon, 29 Nov 2021||Col$66.5t||Col$28.9t||Col$6.5t||9.8x||10.3x||2.3x|
|Wed, 27 Oct 2021||Col$71.0t||Col$27.0t||Col$6.7t||10.4x||10.6x||2.6x|
|Fri, 24 Sep 2021||Col$70.2t||Col$27.0t||Col$6.7t||10.4x||10.5x||2.6x|
|Sun, 22 Aug 2021||Col$71.1t||Col$27.0t||Col$6.7t||10.1x||10.6x||2.6x|
|Fri, 09 Jul 2021||Col$67.7t||Col$27.0t||Col$6.7t||9.8x||10.1x||2.5x|
|Thu, 01 Apr 2021||Col$70.5t||Col$26.3t||Col$6.4t||10.4x||11x||2.7x|
|Sun, 03 Jan 2021||Col$74.8t||Col$26.0t||Col$6.4t||9.7x||11.7x||2.9x|
|Wed, 07 Oct 2020||Col$65.8t||Col$26.4t||Col$5.7t||11.3x||11.6x||2.5x|
|Tue, 30 Jun 2020||Col$61.4t||Col$26.4t||Col$5.8t||8.9x||10.5x||2.3x|
|Fri, 03 Apr 2020||Col$57.7t||Col$25.7t||Col$5.7t||9.1x||10x||2.2x|
|Mon, 06 Jan 2020||Col$63.3t||Col$24.6t||Col$5.4t||11x||11.7x||2.6x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the Colombian Utilities industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 7.5x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 10.5x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 2.4x is higher than the industry's current PS ratio of 1.6x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Utilities industry have grown 8.8% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 14% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Colombian Utilities sector?
|Electric Utilities||-0.82%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Electric Utilities industry even though it's trading below its 3-year average PE ratio of 12.9x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 3.7%, which is lower than the prior year's growth of 37.0% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Gas Utilities industry, which is trading below its 3-year average of 8.8x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Gas Utilities industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 11% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings decline of 12% per year.
- In contrast, the Electric Utilities industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 3.7% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?