Sector Valuation and Performance
Has the Malawian Financials Sector valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Fri, 29 Sep 2023||MK3.6t||MK933.7b||MK225.8b||16.2x||16.1x||3.9x|
|Sun, 27 Aug 2023||MK3.5t||MK857.1b||MK191.6b||20.1x||18.3x||4.1x|
|Tue, 25 Jul 2023||MK3.2t||MK852.4b||MK190.6b||18.3x||17x||3.8x|
|Thu, 22 Jun 2023||MK3.0t||MK846.3b||MK189.2b||15.7x||15.6x||3.5x|
|Sat, 20 May 2023||MK2.8t||MK791.2b||MK176.7b||14.4x||15.8x||3.5x|
|Mon, 17 Apr 2023||MK2.4t||MK752.3b||MK157.1b||12.8x||15.2x||3.2x|
|Wed, 15 Mar 2023||MK2.2t||MK732.5b||MK146.7b||14.2x||14.8x||3x|
|Fri, 10 Feb 2023||MK2.1t||MK709.5b||MK135.8b||14.9x||15.3x||2.9x|
|Sun, 08 Jan 2023||MK1.8t||MK709.3b||MK135.7b||11.3x||13x||2.5x|
|Tue, 06 Dec 2022||MK1.7t||MK699.8b||MK131.6b||8.7x||12.7x||2.4x|
|Thu, 03 Nov 2022||MK1.5t||MK698.9b||MK131.5b||8.7x||11.2x||2.1x|
|Sat, 01 Oct 2022||MK1.4t||MK699.3b||MK131.5b||8.7x||11x||2.1x|
|Mon, 29 Aug 2022||MK1.4t||MK448.1b||MK111.0b||9.6x||13x||3.2x|
|Wed, 27 Jul 2022||MK1.4t||MK434.8b||MK106.8b||9.6x||13.3x||3.3x|
|Fri, 24 Jun 2022||MK1.4t||MK600.0b||MK116.8b||10x||11.7x||2.3x|
|Sun, 22 May 2022||MK1.4t||MK562.5b||MK105.0b||10.4x||13.2x||2.5x|
|Tue, 19 Apr 2022||MK1.2t||MK561.6b||MK104.9b||10.2x||11.7x||2.2x|
|Thu, 17 Mar 2022||MK1.2t||MK528.9b||MK94.7b||11.1x||12.3x||2.2x|
|Sat, 12 Feb 2022||MK1.1t||MK528.2b||MK94.6b||10.9x||11.9x||2.1x|
|Mon, 10 Jan 2022||MK1.1t||MK530.3b||MK94.8b||10.9x||12x||2.1x|
|Wed, 08 Dec 2021||MK1.0t||MK530.1b||MK94.8b||10x||10.9x||2x|
|Fri, 05 Nov 2021||MK1.0t||MK530.0b||MK94.8b||10x||10.6x||1.9x|
|Sun, 03 Oct 2021||MK1.0t||MK530.1b||MK94.8b||10.1x||10.7x||1.9x|
|Tue, 31 Aug 2021||MK995.3b||MK509.4b||MK93.7b||10.3x||10.6x||2x|
|Wed, 07 Jul 2021||MK976.1b||MK509.4b||MK93.7b||10.1x||10.4x||1.9x|
|Sat, 10 Apr 2021||MK885.9b||MK498.7b||MK90.6b||8.2x||9.8x||1.8x|
|Fri, 01 Jan 2021||MK819.4b||MK488.0b||MK87.5b||8x||9.4x||1.7x|
|Mon, 05 Oct 2020||MK736.9b||MK451.7b||MK71.3b||9.3x||10.3x||1.6x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are optimistic on the Malawian Financials industry, and appear confident in long term growth rates.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 16.6x which is higher than its 3-year average PE of 12.3x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 2.4x is lower than the industry's current PS ratio of 4.0x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Financials industry have grown 45% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 27% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Malawian Financials sector?
- Investors are most optimistic about the Banks industry which is trading above its 3-year average PE ratio of 12.8x.
- It looks like they are confident that earnings will grow faster in the future than they have historically.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Insurance industry, although it looks like investor sentiment has improved given that it's trading above its 3-year average of 6.0x.
Forecasted GrowthThere is insufficient data on the sub-industries of this industry.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?