Sector Valuation and Performance
Has the Malawian Financials Sector valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Sun, 27 Nov 2022||MK1.7t||MK699.3b||MK131.5b||8.7x||12.7x||2.4x|
|Tue, 25 Oct 2022||MK1.5t||MK699.2b||MK131.5b||8.7x||11.1x||2.1x|
|Thu, 22 Sep 2022||MK1.5t||MK698.7b||MK131.4b||8.7x||11.6x||2.2x|
|Sat, 20 Aug 2022||MK1.4t||MK434.7b||MK106.8b||9.6x||13.5x||3.3x|
|Mon, 18 Jul 2022||MK1.4t||MK435.2b||MK106.9b||10.4x||13x||3.2x|
|Wed, 15 Jun 2022||MK1.4t||MK600.0b||MK116.8b||10.1x||11.8x||2.3x|
|Fri, 13 May 2022||MK1.3t||MK562.3b||MK105.0b||10.4x||12.5x||2.3x|
|Sun, 10 Apr 2022||MK1.2t||MK561.4b||MK104.9b||10.2x||11.5x||2.1x|
|Tue, 08 Mar 2022||MK1.2t||MK528.5b||MK94.6b||11.1x||12.3x||2.2x|
|Thu, 03 Feb 2022||MK1.1t||MK530.2b||MK94.8b||10.9x||11.8x||2.1x|
|Sat, 01 Jan 2022||MK1.1t||MK530.0b||MK94.8b||10.9x||12x||2.1x|
|Mon, 29 Nov 2021||MK987.9b||MK530.2b||MK94.8b||10x||10.4x||1.9x|
|Wed, 27 Oct 2021||MK1.0t||MK530.1b||MK94.8b||10x||10.7x||1.9x|
|Fri, 24 Sep 2021||MK1.0t||MK514.7b||MK94.3b||10.3x||10.7x||2x|
|Sun, 22 Aug 2021||MK1.0t||MK509.4b||MK93.7b||10.2x||10.7x||2x|
|Fri, 09 Jul 2021||MK976.1b||MK509.4b||MK93.7b||10.1x||10.4x||1.9x|
|Thu, 01 Apr 2021||MK885.9b||MK498.7b||MK90.6b||8.2x||9.8x||1.8x|
|Sun, 03 Jan 2021||MK819.4b||MK488.0b||MK87.5b||8x||9.4x||1.7x|
|Wed, 07 Oct 2020||MK736.9b||MK451.7b||MK71.3b||9.3x||10.3x||1.6x|
|Tue, 30 Jun 2020||MK622.7b||MK391.1b||MK51.5b||9.3x||12.1x||1.6x|
|Fri, 03 Apr 2020||MK618.4b||MK375.8b||MK46.6b||9.2x||13.3x||1.6x|
|Mon, 06 Jan 2020||MK690.2b||MK360.7b||MK41.8b||9.8x||16.5x||1.9x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are relatively neutral on the Malawian Financials industry at the moment, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates to remain steady.
- The industry is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 12.3x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 2.0x is lower than the industry's current PS ratio of 2.4x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Financials industry have grown 44% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 25% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Malawian Financials sector?
- Investors are most optimistic about the Banks industry, which is trading close to its 3-year average PE ratio of 13.3x.
- It looks like they are confident that earnings will grow faster in the future than they have historically.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Insurance industry, which is trading below its 3-year average of 5.3x.
Forecasted GrowthThere is insufficient data on the sub-industries of this industry.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?