Sector Valuation and Performance
Has the Icelandic Consumer Staples Sector valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Sat, 02 Dec 2023||Kr463.2b||Kr394.3b||Kr27.3b||16.8x||17x||1.2x|
|Mon, 30 Oct 2023||Kr439.6b||Kr389.5b||Kr27.1b||16.1x||16.2x||1.1x|
|Wed, 27 Sep 2023||Kr465.1b||Kr384.0b||Kr27.0b||16.2x||17.2x||1.2x|
|Fri, 25 Aug 2023||Kr506.3b||Kr384.4b||Kr29.1b||16x||17.4x||1.3x|
|Sun, 23 Jul 2023||Kr494.6b||Kr387.8b||Kr29.4b||15.2x||16.8x||1.3x|
|Tue, 20 Jun 2023||Kr487.2b||Kr388.6b||Kr30.3b||14.6x||16.1x||1.3x|
|Thu, 18 May 2023||Kr509.4b||Kr380.5b||Kr31.7b||14.4x||16.1x||1.3x|
|Sat, 15 Apr 2023||Kr500.3b||Kr368.3b||Kr30.6b||14.9x||16.4x||1.4x|
|Mon, 13 Mar 2023||Kr501.2b||Kr371.1b||Kr31.1b||14.4x||16.1x||1.4x|
|Wed, 08 Feb 2023||Kr515.7b||Kr383.4b||Kr34.2b||14.6x||15.1x||1.3x|
|Fri, 06 Jan 2023||Kr506.6b||Kr375.7b||Kr34.1b||16.4x||14.8x||1.3x|
|Sun, 04 Dec 2022||Kr502.8b||Kr367.8b||Kr33.2b||16.7x||15.2x||1.4x|
|Tue, 01 Nov 2022||Kr483.7b||Kr362.3b||Kr33.5b||16.6x||14.4x||1.3x|
|Thu, 29 Sep 2022||Kr486.5b||Kr306.4b||Kr20.9b||17.7x||23.3x||1.6x|
|Sat, 27 Aug 2022||Kr531.2b||Kr303.2b||Kr19.3b||17.2x||27.6x||1.8x|
|Mon, 25 Jul 2022||Kr476.8b||Kr300.0b||Kr19.6b||16.8x||24.3x||1.6x|
|Wed, 22 Jun 2022||Kr465.6b||Kr292.5b||Kr19.2b||15.7x||24.2x||1.6x|
|Fri, 20 May 2022||Kr442.7b||Kr268.5b||Kr15.6b||18x||28.4x||1.6x|
|Sun, 17 Apr 2022||Kr493.3b||Kr261.5b||Kr16.1b||20.1x||30.6x||1.9x|
|Tue, 15 Mar 2022||Kr455.0b||Kr266.0b||Kr16.6b||18x||27.5x||1.7x|
|Thu, 10 Feb 2022||Kr427.2b||Kr254.5b||Kr12.0b||19.6x||35.5x||1.7x|
|Sat, 08 Jan 2022||Kr437.1b||Kr254.1b||Kr11.9b||21.7x||36.8x||1.7x|
|Mon, 06 Dec 2021||Kr436.5b||Kr254.2b||Kr11.9b||20.2x||36.8x||1.7x|
|Wed, 03 Nov 2021||Kr415.6b||Kr253.3b||Kr11.1b||20x||37.3x||1.6x|
|Fri, 01 Oct 2021||Kr379.6b||Kr249.6b||Kr10.8b||22.7x||35.2x||1.5x|
|Sun, 29 Aug 2021||Kr354.7b||Kr233.4b||Kr8.7b||29.6x||40.6x||1.5x|
|Mon, 05 Jul 2021||Kr329.2b||Kr233.4b||Kr8.7b||28.9x||37.6x||1.4x|
|Thu, 08 Apr 2021||Kr206.2b||Kr229.7b||Kr8.5b||27.1x||24.4x||0.9x|
|Sun, 10 Jan 2021||Kr199.1b||Kr232.1b||Kr6.8b||29.6x||29.4x||0.9x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the Icelandic Consumer Staples industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 16.9x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 25.6x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 1.4x is higher than the industry's current PS ratio of 1.2x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Consumer Staples industry have grown 57% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 17% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the Icelandic Consumer Staples sector?
|Food and Staples Retail||0.13%|
|Personal Products||0%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Food and Staples Retail industry even though it's trading below its 3-year average PE ratio of 25.7x.
- It looks like they are confident that earnings will grow faster in the future than they have historically.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Beverage industry, which is trading close to its 3-year average of 15.8x.
Forecasted GrowthThere is insufficient data on the sub-industries of this industry.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?