Attention dividend hunters! Gielda Papierów Wartosciowych w Warszawie SA (WSE:GPW) will be distributing its dividend of zł2.20 per share on the 02 August 2018, and will start trading ex-dividend in 2 days time on the 18 July 2018. Should you diversify into Gielda Papierów Wartosciowych w Warszawie and boost your portfolio income stream? Well, keep on reading because today, I’m going to look at the latest data and analyze the stock and its dividend property in further detail. Check out our latest analysis for Gielda Papierów Wartosciowych w Warszawie
5 checks you should do on a dividend stock
Whenever I am looking at a potential dividend stock investment, I always check these five metrics:
- Is their annual yield among the top 25% of dividend payers?
- Has its dividend been stable over the past (i.e. no missed payments or significant payout cuts)?
- Has it increased its dividend per share amount over the past?
- Is its earnings sufficient to payout dividend at the current rate?
- Will the company be able to keep paying dividend based on the future earnings growth?
How well does Gielda Papierów Wartosciowych w Warszawie fit our criteria?
The current trailing twelve-month payout ratio for the stock is 58.16%, which means that the dividend is covered by earnings. In the near future, analysts are predicting a payout ratio of 54.26%, leading to a dividend yield of around 5.26%. Furthermore, EPS should increase to PLN3.98.
If dividend is a key criteria in your investment consideration, then you need to make sure the dividend stock you’re eyeing out is reliable in its payments. The reality is that it is too early to consider Gielda Papierów Wartosciowych w Warszawie as a dividend investment. It has only been consistently paying dividends for 8 years, however, standard practice for reliable payers is to look for a 10-year minimum track record.In terms of its peers, Gielda Papierów Wartosciowych w Warszawie generates a yield of 5.63%, which is on the low-side for Capital Markets stocks.
If Gielda Papierów Wartosciowych w Warszawie is in your portfolio for cash-generating reasons, there may be better alternatives out there. However, if you are not strictly just a dividend investor, the stock could still offer some interesting investment opportunities. Given that this is purely a dividend analysis, I recommend taking sufficient time to understand its core business and determine whether the company and its investment properties suit your overall goals. Below, I’ve compiled three fundamental factors you should further examine:
- Future Outlook: What are well-informed industry analysts predicting for GPW’s future growth? Take a look at our free research report of analyst consensus for GPW’s outlook.
- Historical Performance: What has GPW’s returns been like over the past? Go into more detail in the past track record analysis and take a look at the free visual representations of our analysis for more clarity.
- Dividend Rockstars: Are there better dividend payers with stronger fundamentals out there? Check out our free list of these great stocks here.