Want to participate in a short research study? Help shape the future of investing tools and receive a $60 prize!
Dividends play a key role in compounding returns over time and can form a large part of our portfolio return. Historically, Kabra Extrusiontechnik Limited (NSE:KABRAEXTRU) has paid dividends to shareholders, and these days it yields 2.9%. Should it have a place in your portfolio? Let’s take a look at Kabra Extrusiontechnik in more detail.
5 questions I ask before picking a dividend stock
When assessing a stock as a potential addition to my dividend Portfolio, I look at these five areas:
- Is it the top 25% annual dividend yield payer?
- Does it consistently pay out dividends without missing a payment of significantly cutting payout?
- Has it increased its dividend per share amount over the past?
- Does earnings amply cover its dividend payments?
- Will it have the ability to keep paying its dividends going forward?
How well does Kabra Extrusiontechnik fit our criteria?
The current trailing twelve-month payout ratio for the stock is 32%, which means that the dividend is covered by earnings. Furthermore, analysts have not forecasted a dividends per share for the future, which makes it hard to determine the yield shareholders should expect, and whether the current payout is sustainable, moving forward.
When thinking about whether a dividend is sustainable, another factor to consider is the cash flow. A company with strong cash flow, relative to earnings, can sometimes sustain a high pay out ratio.
If dividend is a key criteria in your investment consideration, then you need to make sure the dividend stock you’re eyeing out is reliable in its payments. Whilst its per-share payments have increased during the past 10 years, there has been some hiccups. Investors have seen reductions in the dividend per share in the past, although, it has picked up again.
Relative to peers, Kabra Extrusiontechnik produces a yield of 2.9%, which is high for Machinery stocks.
Taking into account the dividend metrics, Kabra Extrusiontechnik ticks most of the boxes as a strong dividend investment, putting it in my list of top dividend payers. Given that this is purely a dividend analysis, I recommend taking sufficient time to understand its core business and determine whether the company and its investment properties suit your overall goals. Below, I’ve compiled three important factors you should further research:
- Future Outlook: What are well-informed industry analysts predicting for KABRAEXTRU’s future growth? Take a look at our free research report of analyst consensus for KABRAEXTRU’s outlook.
- Valuation: What is KABRAEXTRU worth today? Even if the stock is a cash cow, it’s not worth an infinite price. The intrinsic value infographic in our free research report helps visualize whether KABRAEXTRU is currently mispriced by the market.
- Other Dividend Rockstars: Are there better dividend payers with stronger fundamentals out there? Check out our free list of these great stocks here.
To help readers see past the short term volatility of the financial market, we aim to bring you a long-term focused research analysis purely driven by fundamental data. Note that our analysis does not factor in the latest price-sensitive company announcements.
The author is an independent contributor and at the time of publication had no position in the stocks mentioned. For errors that warrant correction please contact the editor at email@example.com.