What We Learned About Figeac Aero Société Anonyme's (EPA:FGA) CEO Pay

By
Simply Wall St
Published
February 28, 2021
ENXTPA:FGA
Source: Shutterstock

Jean-Claude Maillard is the CEO of Figeac Aero Société Anonyme (EPA:FGA), and in this article, we analyze the executive's compensation package with respect to the overall performance of the company. This analysis will also look to assess whether the CEO is appropriately paid, considering recent earnings growth and investor returns for Figeac Aero Société Anonyme.

View our latest analysis for Figeac Aero Société Anonyme

Comparing Figeac Aero Société Anonyme's CEO Compensation With the industry

Our data indicates that Figeac Aero Société Anonyme has a market capitalization of €161m, and total annual CEO compensation was reported as €218k for the year to March 2020. Notably, that's an increase of 49% over the year before. Notably, the salary which is €185.8k, represents most of the total compensation being paid.

In comparison with other companies in the industry with market capitalizations ranging from €83m to €331m, the reported median CEO total compensation was €244k. This suggests that Figeac Aero Société Anonyme remunerates its CEO largely in line with the industry average.

Component20202019Proportion (2020)
Salary €186k €114k 85%
Other €32k €32k 15%
Total Compensation€218k €146k100%

Speaking on an industry level, nearly 49% of total compensation represents salary, while the remainder of 51% is other remuneration. Figeac Aero Société Anonyme is paying a higher share of its remuneration through a salary in comparison to the overall industry. If salary is the major component in total compensation, it suggests that the CEO receives a higher fixed proportion of the total compensation, regardless of performance.

ceo-compensation
ENXTPA:FGA CEO Compensation March 1st 2021

A Look at Figeac Aero Société Anonyme's Growth Numbers

Over the last three years, Figeac Aero Société Anonyme has shrunk its earnings per share by 126% per year. It saw its revenue drop 30% over the last year.

The decline in EPS is a bit concerning. And the impression is worse when you consider revenue is down year-on-year. So given this relatively weak performance, shareholders would probably not want to see high compensation for the CEO. Moving away from current form for a second, it could be important to check this free visual depiction of what analysts expect for the future.

Has Figeac Aero Société Anonyme Been A Good Investment?

Since shareholders would have lost about 69% over three years, some Figeac Aero Société Anonyme investors would surely be feeling negative emotions. Therefore, it might be upsetting for shareholders if the CEO were paid generously.

In Summary...

As we touched on above, Figeac Aero Société Anonyme is currently paying a compensation that's close to the median pay for CEOs of companies belonging to the same industry and with similar market capitalizations. In the meantime, the company has reported declining EPS growth and shareholder returns over the last three years. We'd stop short of saying compensation is inappropriate, but we would understand if shareholders had questions regarding a future raise.

CEO compensation is an important area to keep your eyes on, but we've also need to pay attention to other attributes of the company. We did our research and identified 2 warning signs (and 1 which is concerning) in Figeac Aero Société Anonyme we think you should know about.

Switching gears from Figeac Aero Société Anonyme, if you're hunting for a pristine balance sheet and premium returns, this free list of high return, low debt companies is a great place to look.

If you decide to trade Figeac Aero Société Anonyme, use the lowest-cost* platform that is rated #1 Overall by Barron’s, Interactive Brokers. Trade stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds and funds on 135 markets, all from a single integrated account. Promoted


Discounted cash flow calculation for every stock

Simply Wall St does a detailed discounted cash flow calculation every 6 hours for every stock on the market, so if you want to find the intrinsic value of any company just search here. It’s FREE.

Make Confident Investment Decisions

Simply Wall St's Editorial Team provides unbiased, factual reporting on global stocks using in-depth fundamental analysis.
Find out more about our editorial guidelines and team.