Sector Valuation and Performance
Has the U.S. Telecom Sector valuation changed over the past few years?
|Date||Market Cap||Revenue||Earnings||PE||Absolute PE||PS|
|Wed, 07 Dec 2022||US$3.4t||US$1.5t||US$166.6b||17.8x||20.4x||2.3x|
|Fri, 04 Nov 2022||US$3.1t||US$1.5t||US$170.0b||15.6x||18x||2.1x|
|Sun, 02 Oct 2022||US$3.2t||US$1.5t||US$187.6b||14x||17.2x||2.2x|
|Tue, 30 Aug 2022||US$3.7t||US$1.5t||US$186.9b||16.3x||19.9x||2.5x|
|Thu, 28 Jul 2022||US$3.8t||US$1.5t||US$209.7b||17.1x||18.2x||2.6x|
|Sat, 25 Jun 2022||US$4.4t||US$1.5t||US$213.9b||17.7x||20.5x||3x|
|Mon, 23 May 2022||US$3.9t||US$1.5t||US$218.3b||17.4x||17.7x||2.6x|
|Wed, 20 Apr 2022||US$4.6t||US$1.4t||US$224.6b||22.1x||20.4x||3.2x|
|Fri, 18 Mar 2022||US$4.6t||US$1.4t||US$225.9b||17.6x||20.3x||3.2x|
|Sun, 13 Feb 2022||US$4.8t||US$1.4t||US$222.6b||19.5x||21.5x||3.4x|
|Tue, 11 Jan 2022||US$5.3t||US$1.4t||US$194.6b||19.6x||27.3x||3.8x|
|Thu, 09 Dec 2021||US$5.6t||US$1.4t||US$194.4b||20.2x||28.7x||4x|
|Sat, 06 Nov 2021||US$5.9t||US$1.4t||US$197.6b||26.8x||29.6x||4.2x|
|Mon, 04 Oct 2021||US$5.8t||US$1.3t||US$179.4b||25.3x||32.2x||4.3x|
|Wed, 01 Sep 2021||US$6.1t||US$1.3t||US$179.9b||24.5x||33.8x||4.5x|
|Thu, 08 Jul 2021||US$5.7t||US$1.3t||US$174.1b||26.3x||32.9x||4.3x|
|Wed, 31 Mar 2021||US$5.1t||US$1.3t||US$130.4b||27.1x||39.4x||4.1x|
|Sat, 02 Jan 2021||US$4.7t||US$1.2t||US$98.7b||24.4x||48x||3.9x|
|Tue, 06 Oct 2020||US$4.1t||US$1.2t||US$108.9b||18.8x||37.2x||3.4x|
|Fri, 10 Jul 2020||US$3.7t||US$1.2t||US$102.7b||17.9x||36x||3.1x|
|Thu, 02 Apr 2020||US$3.0t||US$1.2t||US$128.5b||14.4x||23.4x||2.5x|
|Sun, 05 Jan 2020||US$3.6t||US$1.2t||US$133.7b||20.6x||27.3x||3x|Price to Earnings Ratio
Current Industry PE
- Investors are pessimistic on the American Communication Services industry, indicating that they anticipate long term growth rates will be lower than they have historically.
- The industry is trading at a PE ratio of 20.4x which is lower than its 3-year average PE of 30.8x.
- The 3-year average PS ratio of 3.4x is higher than the industry's current PS ratio of 2.3x.
Past Earnings Growth
- The earnings for companies in the Communication Services industry have grown 7.6% per year over the last three years.
- Revenues for these companies have grown 7.7% per year.
- This means that more sales are being generated by these companies overall, and subsequently their profits are increasing too.
Which industries have driven the changes within the U.S. Telecom sector?
|Interactive Media and Services||5.51%|
|Telecom Services and Carriers||-1.73%|Industry PE
- Investors are most optimistic about the Entertainment industry even though it's trading below its 3-year average PE ratio of 724x.
- Analysts are expecting annual earnings growth of 28.7%, which is higher than its past year's earnings decline of 1.1% per year.
- Investors are most pessimistic about the Telecom Services and Carriers industry, which is trading below its 3-year average of 19.1x.
- Analysts are most optimistic on the Wireless Telecom industry, expecting annual earnings growth of 38% over the next 5 years.
- This is better than its past earnings decline of 45% per year.
- In contrast, the Telecom Services and Carriers industry is expected to see its earnings grow by 2.4% per year over the next few years.
Top Stock Gainers and Losers
Which companies have driven the market over the last 7 days?